Fixed direct links

  • Jake Benson
    Message 1 of 6 , Apr 7, 2008
      Thanks for posting this valuable resource, Renato!

      Unfortunately your direct links didn;t come through. I find taht for
      very long links, you must use the "Rich Text Editor" message window on
      the group web site. Even if you add angle brakets, the links do not
      alwyas come through intact.

      Here are the direct links again:

      <http://echo.mpiwg-berlin.mpg.de/ECHOdocuView/ECHOzogiLib?pn=190&ws=3&mo\
      de=imagepath&url=%2Fmpiwg%2Fonline%2Fpermanent%2Flibrary%2FWX8HY2V2%2Fpa\
      geimg>
      <http://echo.mpiwg-berlin.mpg.de/ECHOdocuView/ECHOzogiLib?pn=190&ws=3&mo\
      de=imagepath&url=%2Fmpiwg%2Fonline%2Fpermanent%2Flibrary%2FWX8HY2V2%2Fpa\
      geimg> Bacon's account of 'Chamoletting of paper'.
      <http://echo.mpiwg-berlin.mpg.de/ECHOdocuView/ECHOzogiLib?pn=190&ws=3&mo\
      de=imagepath&url=%2Fmpiwg%2Fonline%2Fpermanent%2Flibrary%2FWX8HY2V2%2Fpa\
      geimg>

      Athanasius Kircher's acccount of "Chartae Turcico more pingendae ratio".
      Page 814:
      <http://echo.mpiwg-berlin.mpg.de/ECHOdocuView/ECHOzogiLib?url=/mpiwg/onl\
      ine/permanent/einstein_exhibition/sources/5G6UYVGT/pageimg&pn=939&ws=2&m\
      ode=imagepath>
      Page 815:
      <http://echo.mpiwg-berlin.mpg.de/ECHOdocuView/ECHOzogiLib?url=/mpiwg/onl\
      ine/permanent/einstein_exhibition/sources/5G6UYVGT/pageimg&pn=940&ws=2&m\
      ode=imagepath>

      > Unfortunately it is printed in...LATIN! Does anyone have it
      > translated?

      Thanks to Antonio for his impromptu translation; however, an English
      translation was published by Charles Adams in 1947:

      Adams, Charles M. "Some notes on the art of marbling paper in the
      seventeenth century." Bulletin of the New York Public Library, 51
      (1947), pp. 411�422.

      Also, Albert Haemmerle translated into German; however, I forget if
      Doizy and Ipert published it in French.

      I have a copy of Adam's article, but it is not scanned and I will not
      have time to get to that until classes are over. Does anyone on this
      list possibly have scanned images or digital copy? I would very much
      like to add that to our group files.

      thanks again,

      Jake

    • Jake Benson
      Message 2 of 6 , Apr 7, 2008
        Well, so much for "Fixed Links"! 'm not sure how I did it, but I see
        that I somehow managed to paste the link to Bacon's account three
        times. Well, at least they work.

        In any case, the Rich Text Editor does work very well for ensuring
        that long hyperlinks come through intact. I encourage everyone to try
        using it.

        Jake