Re: HPMC?

  • Jake Benson
    Message 1 of 2 , Apr 7, 2008
      Many people use the term "Methyl Cellulose" to refer to a wide range
      of cellulose ethers and it is something of a misnomer.

      The kind of cellulose ether generally used for marbling is a kind of
      "surface treated" and therefore cold water-dispersible grade of
      "HPMC" refers to all kinds of hydroxypropyl methylcellulose, the
      majority of which are dispersed in hot water, not cold.

      I've had some trouble finding my original message that explained this
      problem in more detail, but here it is:

      There is currently a problem with the message search on the Yahoo
      website. I've written them about it and got a canned response that
      they're trying to address the problem. Meanwhile, if you use a Google
      the messages to come up.

      Jake