HPMC?

  • pktmarble
    Message 1 of 2 , Apr 7, 2008
      Jake-
      The 50/50 mixture sounds like an experiment I'd like to try. I use
      Golden acrylics pretty much exclusively anyway for paper & fabric.
      But please translate the alphabet soup HPMC for me. And a source if
      it's handy. Thanks.
    • Jake Benson
      Message 2 of 2 , Apr 7, 2008
        Many people use the term "Methyl Cellulose" to refer to a wide range
        of cellulose ethers and it is something of a misnomer.

        The kind of cellulose ether generally used for marbling is a kind of
        "surface treated" and therefore cold water-dispersible grade of
        "HPMC" refers to all kinds of hydroxypropyl methylcellulose, the
        majority of which are dispersed in hot water, not cold.

        I've had some trouble finding my original message that explained this
        problem in more detail, but here it is:

        There is currently a problem with the message search on the Yahoo
        website. I've written them about it and got a canned response that
        they're trying to address the problem. Meanwhile, if you use a Google
        the messages to come up.

        Jake