Carraghenan vs MC

  • momo
    Message 1 of 2 , Apr 5, 2008
      I started marbling in Haiti in 1959-61. My teacher had studied and
      apprenticed France. We made the size with water and cow bone marrow
      (messy process, used oil paints from the cans (Pratt Lambert), and the
      paper was large sheets of white wrapping paper, or whatever paper I
      could find. The ambient temperature was almost always 90 Farenheit. I
      uploaded pictures of my books here
      http://ph.groups.yahoo.com/group/Marbling/photos/browse/7144 These
      books are what I could bring with me to the States in 1966, when we
      got resident status.

      I started marbling again in 2006. I use carraghenan, alum, and either
      regular brown wrapping paper, paper from an old roll of white paper,
      and Canson or what good weight paper I find on sale.

      Ms. Nevins I admire your work. Jake, thanks for sharing.
      momo
    • Cris C Takacs
      Message 2 of 2 , Apr 6, 2008
        Thanks for sharing your story and your photos, momo.

        I also have "stuck" with carrageenan. I have some really old (I mean really old) podwer which has always been stored in a dry location that has never failed me. I will be trying to use it again next week. I will report on my results.
        Cris Clair Takacs