Re:Marbling machines

  • Peter Baumgartner
    Message 1 of 4 , Feb 1, 2000
      There is a hint in Gabriele Grunebaum's "Buntpapiere" to Joseph Halfers
      Book "Die Fortschritte der Marmorierkunst" (published in english 1894
      called "Progress in Marbling"). Grunebaum writes, that in Halfers book
      is a description of a "machine" for bringing the drops in a a accurately
      way to the marbling ground. Perhaps someone on the list posseses this
      (I think very rare) book and could give more information.
      Peter
      ---------
      Peter Baumgartner
      Atelier f�r Papierdesign
      Freiburg/Germany
      http://www.papierdesign.de
    • IrisNevins
      Message 2 of 4 , Feb 1, 2000
        I spoke to Gabrielle quite a few years ago, and she said she only knew of
        one broken one in a museum, I believe, somewhere in Germany. I have never
        seen one, but have seen the patent drawing, and it's quite large and
        complex. I have never seen one.

        I wish I had one this week.....doing hundered of the same paper!