Marbling in advertising

  • Renato
    Message 1 of 5 , Apr 3, 2008
      A 1968 advertising poster for Olivetti lettera 32. Grafic design by
      Walter Ballmer from Studio Boggeri(Italy).
      The image is from the online collection of the Museum of Design Zurich.

      http://sammlungen-archive.hgkz.ch/code/emuseum.asp?
      style=browse¤trecord=1&page=search&profile=objects&searchdesc=walt
      er%20ballmer&quicksearch=walter%20ballmer&sessionid=45A6363F-66E6-4ED8-
      9AEA-A0B2A8A33A08&action=quicksearch&style=single¤trecord=4

      Now, what is the connection between the typewriter and the marbled egg?

      All the best,
      Renato Crepaldi.
    • Cris C Takacs
      Message 2 of 5 , Apr 3, 2008
        It was the sixtys.No connection needed, man.

      • Jake Benson
        Message 3 of 5 , Apr 3, 2008
          Thanks Renato,

          The link didn't come through intact in my message, so here is the link
          to Walter Ballmer's poster
          <http://sammlungen-archive.hgkz.ch/code/emuseum.asp?style=browse¤t\
          record=1&page=search&profile=objectsde&searchdesc=Walter%20Ballmer&quick\
          search=Walter%20Ballmer&sessionid=B4CDB73E-DEA4-4401-A82F-7264255D9F94&a\
          ction=quicksearch&style=single¤trecord=4> once again.

          Also, here's the direct link to the image
          <http://sammlungen-archive.hgkz.ch/html/media_enlarged_DE.html> without
          the text.

          Jake Benson

          --- In Marbling@yahoogroups.com, "Renato" <renatocrepaldi808@...> wrote:

          > A 1968 advertising poster for Olivetti lettera 32. Grafic design by
          > Walter Ballmer from Studio Boggeri(Italy).
          > The image is from the online collection of the Museum of Design
          Zurich.

          > http://sammlungen-archive.hgkz.ch/code/emuseum.asp?

          style=browse¤trecord=1&page=search&profile=objects&searchdesc=walt

          er%20ballmer&quicksearch=walter%20ballmer&sessionid=45A6363F-66E6-4ED8-
          > 9AEA-A0B2A8A33A08&action=quicksearch&style=single¤trecord=4
          >
          > Now, what is the connection between the typewriter and the marbled
          egg?

          > All the best,
          > Renato Crepaldi.

        • Jake Benson
          Message 4 of 5 , Apr 3, 2008
            Those links I posted didn't work correctly either. Here's a direct
            link to the image:

            <http://sammlungen-archive.hgkz.ch/media/full/16-0478.jpg>

            That should work...

            Jake

            --- In Marbling@yahoogroups.com, "Jake Benson" <jemiljan@...> wrote:

            > Thanks Renato,
            >
            > The link didn't come through intact in my message, so here is the link
            > to Walter Ballmer's poster

            <http://sammlungen-archive.hgkz.ch/code/emuseum.asp?style=browse¤t\

            record=1&page=search&profile=objectsde&searchdesc=Walter%20Ballmer&quick\

            search=Walter%20Ballmer&sessionid=B4CDB73E-DEA4-4401-A82F-7264255D9F94&a\
            > ction=quicksearch&style=single¤trecord=4> once again.
            >
            > Also, here's the direct link to the image
            > <http://sammlungen-archive.hgkz.ch/html/media_enlarged_DE.html> without
            > the text.
            >
            > Jake Benson
            >

            > --- In Marbling@yahoogroups.com, "Renato" <renatocrepaldi808@> wrote:
            > >
            > > A 1968 advertising poster for Olivetti lettera 32. Grafic design by
            > > Walter Ballmer from Studio Boggeri(Italy).
            > > The image is from the online collection of the Museum of Design
            > Zurich.
            > >
            > > http://sammlungen-archive.hgkz.ch/code/emuseum.asp?
            > >
            > style=browse¤trecord=1&page=search&profile=objects&searchdesc=walt
            > >
            > er%20ballmer&quicksearch=walter%20ballmer&sessionid=45A6363F-66E6-4ED8-
            > > 9AEA-A0B2A8A33A08&action=quicksearch&style=single¤trecord=4
            > >
            > > Now, what is the connection between the typewriter and the marbled
            > egg?
            > >
            > > All the best,
            > > Renato Crepaldi.

          • Susanne Krause
            Message 5 of 5 , Apr 3, 2008
              Works perfectly, thanks Jake.

              I remember the ad, and that the child I was then wondered whey a
              typewriter could have the same size as an egg!

              Susanne Krause