Re: Types of cellulose ethers

  • Erik Haagensen
    Message 1 of 33 , Mar 5, 2008
      Bear with me - I'm a novice in this marbling world.

      You're aiming straight at the "Kremer Pigmente" - so I believe there is
      at least one reason for this. Can you share this knowledge with us ?

      I talked to an experienced bookbinder and he said that "earth pigments"
      are the best (or at least very good) for marbling.

      Are we talking about dry powder of any kind here - so that there must
      be some preparations/mixing/processing before use ?
      If so - what is the advantage compared with ready colours in bottles or
      other containers ?
    • Sue Cole
      Message 33 of 33 , Apr 9 4:56 AM
        you can get a burnishing stone at Iris Nevins website:
        <http://www.marblingpaper.com/marbling3.html>

        Also, Peggy Skycraft sells MicroGlaze, another type of wax at her
        site:
        http://www.skycraft.com/skycraftMicroGlaze.html

        Also, I haven't done it myself, but for very long links, you can go to
        www.tinyurl.com and it will compress it for you for free.
        Sue