Re: Types of cellulose ethers

  • Erik Haagensen
    Message 1 of 33 , Mar 5, 2008
      Do you mean that I should not try using the "food quality" carragheenan
      ?

      After some investigations I found out that the "supplier" was much
      closer than I first thought. Actually it's possible to collect the algae
      directly from the shore-side at the stony west coast of Norway - where
      it grows in large quantities.

      However, it might not be worth while if the same result is easy
      achievable by powder and blender.

      "Food quality" carragheenan in powder form has a price about EUR 15 - 20
      per kilo. Judging by my samples so far this will be a lot of litres
      ready size ! The catch is that minimum order is bag of 25 kgs. And
      what about shelf life for this materials ??

    • Sue Cole
      Message 33 of 33 , Apr 9, 2008
        you can get a burnishing stone at Iris Nevins website:
        <http://www.marblingpaper.com/marbling3.html>

        Also, Peggy Skycraft sells MicroGlaze, another type of wax at her
        site:
        http://www.skycraft.com/skycraftMicroGlaze.html

        Also, I haven't done it myself, but for very long links, you can go to
        www.tinyurl.com and it will compress it for you for free.
        Sue