Re: Types of cellulose etherspa

  • Erik Haagensen
    Message 1 of 33 , Feb 22, 2008
      I'm just in the starting phase of marbling and my experience is close
      to zero.
      I first tried out oil based paints on MC size - but had a lot of
      trouble and small control of pattern.
      Then I got hold of some samples of CMC and tried out water based paints
      (which I made from Caran D'Ache aquarelle "chalks") and different
      amount of syntetic oxgall. Suddenly I achieved something that looked
      much better and felt that I actually could control the patterns of
      several colours much better - even if the results were generally
      somewhat pale.
      According to the following technical datasheet for the CMC it should be
      possible to adjust the rheology quite much. I made the size to a
      viscosity similar to a thick coffee cream - maybe a little thicker.

      So... to me CMC seems to have some potensial. But as I said - my
      experience is still close to zero. (But increasing!)
    • Sue Cole
      Message 33 of 33 , Apr 9, 2008
        you can get a burnishing stone at Iris Nevins website:
        <http://www.marblingpaper.com/marbling3.html>

        Also, Peggy Skycraft sells MicroGlaze, another type of wax at her
        site:
        http://www.skycraft.com/skycraftMicroGlaze.html

        Also, I haven't done it myself, but for very long links, you can go to
        www.tinyurl.com and it will compress it for you for free.
        Sue