Re: [Marbling] Marbling video on youtube

  • Roger Austin
    Message 1 of 6 , Feb 15, 2008
      angchengsiew wrote:
      > Greetings fellow members,
      >
      > <http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vk-Ta7ichz4>
      >
      >>From KETC, LIVING ST. LOUIS Producer Jim Kirchherr discovers the rare
      > art of paper marbling—an old-fashioned way of making decorative sheets

      Sorry for the delay. MissHunt and I attended this by accident when
      visiting her brother who taught at UMSL until retirement last year.
      The library was only a block from his office on campus. It was the
      first time I had been in St. Louis and we tried to see as much as
      possible. It was by happenstance that we were 1000 miles from home
      and stumbled on a marbling exhibit.
      The exhibit was well done and worth the visit. I remember they had
      photos of a number of the public events and demonstrations of
      marbling. The kids looked like they had a blast. There were probably
      30-40 papers up for display, plus a lot of the equipment and examples
      of older equipment. It is long gone now, but fun to look back on
      through the video.
      Thanks, Roger
      --
      Visit http://www.misshunt.com/ for fun and creative items including
      the famous Clean/Dirty dishwasher magnet, now available in velcro.