Tiger Eyes

  • Susanne Krause
    Message 1 of 3 , Feb 12, 2008
      Just one remark on the side ... Garrett didn't mention it but Karli's
      recipe for tiger eyes is from the book 'International Decorated Paper
      – Beyond the Sample Book'. In the book are three recipes for tiger
      eyes: from Karli, Iris Nevins and Garrett himself (I'm the publisher
      of the book, so I don't have to be as modest as Garrett is!).

      25 international paper decorators, several of them members of this
      group, have contributed to the book with an original sample of their
      work, a personal text and a technical text. It's a limited (100
      copies), bi-lingual edition in German and English.

      Susanne Krause
    • enidadams
      Message 2 of 3 , Feb 13, 2008
        Susanne,

        You may as well go one step further and give more information on this
        book (price, how to order, etc.) Do you still run Calaphon? The
        selling price and contact info or website link if you are selling it
        directly, or at least the ISBN to find it easily on Amazon.

        Thanks,
        Enid Adams

        --- In Marbling@yahoogroups.com, "Susanne Krause" <studio@...> wrote:

        > Just one remark on the side ... Garrett didn't mention it but
        Karli's
        > recipe for tiger eyes is from the book 'International Decorated
        Paper
        > – Beyond the Sample Book'. In the book are three recipes for tiger
        > eyes: from Karli, Iris Nevins and Garrett himself (I'm the publisher
        > of the book, so I don't have to be as modest as Garrett is!).
        >
        > 25 international paper decorators, several of them members of this
        > group, have contributed to the book with an original sample of their
        > work, a personal text and a technical text. It's a limited (100
        > copies), bi-lingual edition in German and English.
        >
        > Susanne Krause

      • Susanne Krause
        Message 3 of 3 , Feb 14, 2008
          Hi Enid,

          no problem with more info:
          The price for shipping to US is € 148 incl. shipping (registered). The
          book can be ordered from me.

          Authors are: Joan Ajala (Australia), Vibeke Bak Hansen (Denmark),
          Brigitte Chardome (Belgium), Renato Nascimento Crepaldi (Brazil),
          Karli Frigge (The Netherlands), Garrett Dixon (USA), Victoria Hall
          (England), Ingeborg Hartmann (Germany), Milena Hughes (USA), Leslie
          Kleinwaechter (Austria), Susanne Krause (Germany), Takaji Kuroda
          (Japan), Diane Maurer (USA), Claire Maziarczyk (USA), Einen Miura
          (Japan/USA), Tini Miura (USA/Japan), Marianne Moll (Switzerland), Iris
          Nevins (USA), Christopher Nobbs (England), Sabine Rasper (Germany),
          Gisela Reschke (Germany), Ahmet Saral (Austria), Nedim Sönmez
          (Turkey), Lutz Walter (Germany), Violet Wilson (Australia).
          Introduction: Dr. Sidney Berger (USA)

          The book is in German and English, 18 x 24 cm landscape format, 112
          pp., bound and designed by Olaf Nie, he is a master bookbinder living
          near Munich. Limited and numbered edition of 100 copies.

          Many of the authors are represented in the exhibition 'Album Amicorum'
          in Colorado, announced by Tom Leech the other day.

          You ask, do you still run Calaphon? No I don't and never have. In fact
          I don't know what it is, sorry.

          Susanne Krause