Re: Marbling video on youtube

  • angchengsiew
    Message 1 of 6 , Jan 19, 2008
      Dolores,

      I have to agree with your comment.

      There a plenty of suppliers.

      Such a list exists over at the marbling society's website.
      Link:<http://www.marbling.org/internet_links.htm#suppliers>

      --- In Marbling@yahoogroups.com, "Dolores Guffey" <dguff@...> wrote:

      > Very informative and interesting video to watch. One comment should
      be noted that "there are no marbling supply stores" is a bit
      misleading...there are marbling supplies available from various
      places. Has anyone compiled a list of suppliers? I'm thinking of
      Iris Nevins, Diane Maurer, Colophon, Barry Galen, Talas, among others.

      > d.guffey
    • Roger Austin
      Message 2 of 6 , Feb 15, 2008
        angchengsiew wrote:
        > Greetings fellow members,
        >
        > <http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vk-Ta7ichz4>
        >
        >>From KETC, LIVING ST. LOUIS Producer Jim Kirchherr discovers the rare
        > art of paper marbling—an old-fashioned way of making decorative sheets

        Sorry for the delay. MissHunt and I attended this by accident when
        visiting her brother who taught at UMSL until retirement last year.
        The library was only a block from his office on campus. It was the
        first time I had been in St. Louis and we tried to see as much as
        possible. It was by happenstance that we were 1000 miles from home
        and stumbled on a marbling exhibit.
        The exhibit was well done and worth the visit. I remember they had
        photos of a number of the public events and demonstrations of
        marbling. The kids looked like they had a blast. There were probably
        30-40 papers up for display, plus a lot of the equipment and examples
        of older equipment. It is long gone now, but fun to look back on
        through the video.
        Thanks, Roger
        --
        Visit http://www.misshunt.com/ for fun and creative items including
        the famous Clean/Dirty dishwasher magnet, now available in velcro.