Re: [Marbling] Marbling video on youtube

  • Dolores Guffey
    Message 1 of 6 , Jan 19, 2008
      Very informative and interesting video to watch. One comment should be noted that "there are no marbling supply stores" is a bit misleading...there are marbling supplies available from various places. Has anyone compiled a list of suppliers? I'm thinking of Iris Nevins, Diane Maurer, Colophon, Barry Galen, Talas, among others.

      d.guffey

      Message 2 of 6 , Jan 19, 2008
        Dolores,

        I have to agree with your comment.

        There a plenty of suppliers.

        Such a list exists over at the marbling society's website.
        Link:<http://www.marbling.org/internet_links.htm#suppliers>

        --- In Marbling@yahoogroups.com, "Dolores Guffey" <dguff@...> wrote:

        > Very informative and interesting video to watch. One comment should
        be noted that "there are no marbling supply stores" is a bit
        misleading...there are marbling supplies available from various
        places. Has anyone compiled a list of suppliers? I'm thinking of
        Iris Nevins, Diane Maurer, Colophon, Barry Galen, Talas, among others.

        > d.guffey
      • Roger Austin
        Message 3 of 6 , Feb 15, 2008
          angchengsiew wrote:
          > Greetings fellow members,
          >
          > <http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vk-Ta7ichz4>
          >
          >>From KETC, LIVING ST. LOUIS Producer Jim Kirchherr discovers the rare
          > art of paper marbling—an old-fashioned way of making decorative sheets

          Sorry for the delay. MissHunt and I attended this by accident when
          visiting her brother who taught at UMSL until retirement last year.
          The library was only a block from his office on campus. It was the
          first time I had been in St. Louis and we tried to see as much as
          possible. It was by happenstance that we were 1000 miles from home
          and stumbled on a marbling exhibit.
          The exhibit was well done and worth the visit. I remember they had
          photos of a number of the public events and demonstrations of
          marbling. The kids looked like they had a blast. There were probably
          30-40 papers up for display, plus a lot of the equipment and examples
          of older equipment. It is long gone now, but fun to look back on
          through the video.
          Thanks, Roger
          --
          Visit http://www.misshunt.com/ for fun and creative items including
          the famous Clean/Dirty dishwasher magnet, now available in velcro.