Re:Marbling video on youtube

  • Eisemann
    Message 1 of 6 , Jan 19, 2008
      John--Thanks for all the great information you bring to our attention. Elinor Eisemann

    • Dolores Guffey
      Message 2 of 6 , Jan 19, 2008
        Very informative and interesting video to watch. One comment should be noted that "there are no marbling supply stores" is a bit misleading...there are marbling supplies available from various places. Has anyone compiled a list of suppliers? I'm thinking of Iris Nevins, Diane Maurer, Colophon, Barry Galen, Talas, among others.

        d.guffey

        Message 3 of 6 , Jan 19, 2008
          Dolores,

          I have to agree with your comment.

          There a plenty of suppliers.

          Such a list exists over at the marbling society's website.
          Link:<http://www.marbling.org/internet_links.htm#suppliers>

          --- In Marbling@yahoogroups.com, "Dolores Guffey" <dguff@...> wrote:

          > Very informative and interesting video to watch. One comment should
          be noted that "there are no marbling supply stores" is a bit
          misleading...there are marbling supplies available from various
          places. Has anyone compiled a list of suppliers? I'm thinking of
          Iris Nevins, Diane Maurer, Colophon, Barry Galen, Talas, among others.

          > d.guffey
        • Roger Austin
          Message 4 of 6 , Feb 15, 2008
            angchengsiew wrote:
            > Greetings fellow members,
            >
            > <http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vk-Ta7ichz4>
            >
            >>From KETC, LIVING ST. LOUIS Producer Jim Kirchherr discovers the rare
            > art of paper marbling—an old-fashioned way of making decorative sheets

            Sorry for the delay. MissHunt and I attended this by accident when
            visiting her brother who taught at UMSL until retirement last year.
            The library was only a block from his office on campus. It was the
            first time I had been in St. Louis and we tried to see as much as
            possible. It was by happenstance that we were 1000 miles from home
            and stumbled on a marbling exhibit.
            The exhibit was well done and worth the visit. I remember they had
            photos of a number of the public events and demonstrations of
            marbling. The kids looked like they had a blast. There were probably
            30-40 papers up for display, plus a lot of the equipment and examples
            of older equipment. It is long gone now, but fun to look back on
            through the video.
            Thanks, Roger
            --
            Visit http://www.misshunt.com/ for fun and creative items including
            the famous Clean/Dirty dishwasher magnet, now available in velcro.