Re: [Marbling] Re: What is ALUMN ??

  • GARRETT DIXON
    Message 1 of 5 , Jan 19, 2008
      The proportions for the alum solution over the history of marbling have varied, but a solution of 10 grams of alum (either compound) for each 100 ml water (how much you make depends upon how much paper you will need - I usually make up a fresh supply each time I alum papers) is a good starting point. Boil the solution to dissolve the Alum crystals.
      Garrett Dixon