Re: [Marbling] Re: What is ALUMN ??

    Message 1 of 5 , Jan 18 6:36 AM
      for marbling you need either aluminum sulphate or aluminum potassium sulphate. Others don't work very well.
      Iris Nevins
      www.marblingpaper.com
      Message 2 of 5 , Jan 19 12:28 AM
        I also found some pages describing the materials closer:

        This means that I can either treat the paper with a water based
        solution of

        - AlK(SO4)2•12(H2O)
        or
        - Al2(SO4)3

        In what propotions should the mixture be made (as a starting point) ?
        Is it the same for both chemicals ?
      • GARRETT DIXON