Re: alum, alum, and more alum.

  • pauliquann
    Message 1 of 7 , Dec 17, 2007
      --- In Marbling@yahoogroups.com, "Jake Benson" <jemiljan@...> wrote:

      > --- In Marbling@yahoogroups.com, "pauliquann" <pauliquann@> wrote:
      > Now if I could find Methocel
      > > from a local (or even close-by) Mexican source, I'd be in
      marblers'
      > > heaven! I will read the articles now. Thanks again.
      >
      > Paulette, Dow Chemical has a branch in Mexico. You might see if
      they
      > would sell you a bag of methyl cell, or there is a chemical
      > distributor that they might recommend if they only sell large
      > quantities wholesale- but be prepared to obtain 100 lbs...
      >
      > The type you want is the "J" grade, which is cold water dispersible,
      > so see if you can get Dow Methocel J75MS. If you can't get that
      > grade, you might see if you can get E4M or F4M. You have to prepare
      > it differently, as it is dispersed in hot rather than cold water.

      Jake...Thanks you for this information! You are so incredibly
      knowledgeable about these things. I'm addicted to marbling. Can't
      seem to stop even when I want to! Have you lived in Mexico?
      I will try to contact the research the infolet

      > Dow Química Mexicana, S.A. de C.V.
      > Blvd. Manuel Ávila Camacho No. 32 piso 6
      > Col. Lomas de Chapultepec.
      > Delegación Miguel Hidalgo
      >
      > 11000 México D.F.
      > Tel. +52 55 5201 4700
      > Fax +52 55 5201 4723
      >
      > Jake Benson

      Jake...Thanks you for this information! You are so incredibly
      knowledgeable about these things. I'm addicted to marbling. Can't
      seem to stop even when I want to! So I will try and investigate the
      company address you've listed. Have you lived in Mexico before?
      Paulette