Re: [Marbling] Paper exchange?

  • J Dolphin
    Message 1 of 12 , Jan 20, 2001
      The pyrography group that did this xchange, kept their samples small--about
      5x5 inches. Their idea was to create a 'quilt'. I have seen some of the
      samples that went into that exchange--and they are all lovely. Perhaps that
      size restriction may be helpful to the marblers here who will be involved in
      swapping papers.
      Jill
      Message 2 of 12 , Feb 14, 2008
        Hi All,

        I was wondering if anyone might be interested in another paper exchange. It's been about
        two years since the last one. I know we have a lot of new members and people have been
        trying new things.

        For those of you who haven't participated in past exchanges, the way it works is this.
        Everyone who is interested contacts me. Once we have a final count, you send that many
        5" x7" (12.5cm x 17.5cm) samples to me, along with some information about your work. I
        then redistribute the samples and return to you one each of everyone else's, along with
        their information.

        The last time we had about 15 participants. The work was varied and extremely interesting.
        While web pictures are fine, it's always much more satisfying and instructive to be able to
        actually see a real sample.

        The exchange is open to everyone (not just those in the Yahoo group), so invite your
        friends if you like. Also, it is open to people at every level, from beginner to professional.

        If you are interested, please contact me directly at bannerworks@..., so as not to
        waste the time of those not interested. I'll send you more detailed instructions. Let's set a
        cut-off date for signing up of March 1. I look forward to hearing from you!

        --Marc Horovitz
      • John Ang
        Message 3 of 12 , Feb 14, 2008
          Hi Marc,

          Thank you again for arranging the paper exchange. Its been a while
          since the last exchange. Hopefully this will be a yearly thing :)

          I enjoyed the papers sent in the last exchange. The last exchange was
          well organised.

          You can count me in for this one.

          I encourage members to join in the exchange as you get to see the real
          stuff, the different techniques and material employed.

          John Ang
          Co-moderator.

          > I was wondering if anyone might be interested in another paper
          exchange. It's been about
          > two years since the last one. I know we have a lot of new members
          and people have been
          > trying new things.
          >
          > --Marc Horovitz

        • Giro
          Message 4 of 12 , Feb 14, 2008
            I can participate, but I have a question.

            Is only marbled paper Exchange?

            Giro.

            Thank you again for arranging the paper exchange. Its been a while
            since the last exchange. Hopefully this will be a yearly thing :)

            I enjoyed the papers sent in the last exchange. The last exchange was
            well organised.

            You can count me in for this one.

            I encourage members to join in the exchange as you get to see the real
            stuff, the different techniques and material employed.

            John Ang
            Co-moderator.

            > I was wondering if anyone might be interested in another paper
            exchange. It's been about
            > two years since the last one. I know we have a lot of new members
            and people have been
            > trying new things.
            >
            > --Marc Horovitz

            Yahoo! Groups Links
          • Sidestreet Bannerworks
            Message 5 of 12 , Feb 15, 2008
              Hi Giro,

              Yes, only marbled paper, please. Shall I add your name to the list?

              Thanks,
              Marc

              I can participate, but I have a question.

              Is only marbled paper Exchange?

              Giro.

            • momo
              Message 6 of 12 , Feb 16, 2008
                Plaese add me to the list. Respectfully;
                momora

                --- In Marbling@yahoogroups.com, "sidestreet6862" <bannerworks@...> wrote:

                > Hi All,
                >
                > I was wondering if anyone might be interested in another paper
                exchange. It's been about
                > two years since the last one. I know we have a lot of new members
                and people have been
                > trying new things.
                >
                > For those of you who haven't participated in past exchanges, the way
                it works is this.
                > Everyone who is interested contacts me. Once we have a final count,
                you send that many
                > 5" x7" (12.5cm x 17.5cm) samples to me, along with some information
                about your work. I
                > then redistribute the samples and return to you one each of everyone
                else's, along with
                > their information.
                >

                > --Marc Horovitz

              • yesim goktepe
                Message 7 of 12 , Feb 16, 2008
                  merhaba,
                  I am from Türkiye;I practice tradatinal Turkish Ebru.
                  You may add me this group.I am wondering the new things.
                  Thanks,
                  Yeşim Göktepe

[...]

                • Alain Valet
                  Message 8 of 12 , Feb 28, 2008
                    Hello,
                    ¨
                    I'm interested in this paper exchange.
                    If you don't know my work, you can see it at
                    http://marbrure.blogspot.com/
                    Hope to hear from you,

                    Alain Valet
                    Belgium
                  • Thomas D' Aquin
                    Message 9 of 12 , Dec 24, 2012
                      Bonjour Messier Valet, Merry christmas for you and family I am still
                      kicjking at 85, but have not done any marbling in over tnhree years.
                      I just ran across your name on my e mail, so I thought to send you a message
                      Have a good new year. here in ensenada it is around 50 degrees. It
                      is probably a lot colder kin Bdelgium. hasta la vista, tomas aquino

                      To: Marbling@yahoogroups.com