Re: [Marbling] Paper exchange?

  • Betty Lou Jordan
    Message 1 of 12 , Jan 19, 2001
      Yes, I would love to be included. This sounds like a great idea (as
      long as the paper is not too large for mailing). I hope you are able to
      pull this off. Betty Lou Jordan, San Antonio, TX
    • J Dolphin
      Message 2 of 12 , Jan 20, 2001
        The pyrography group that did this xchange, kept their samples small--about
        5x5 inches. Their idea was to create a 'quilt'. I have seen some of the
        samples that went into that exchange--and they are all lovely. Perhaps that
        size restriction may be helpful to the marblers here who will be involved in
        swapping papers.
        Jill
        > Yes, I would love to be included. This sounds like a great idea (as
        > long as the paper is not too large for mailing). I hope you are able to
        > pull this off. Betty Lou Jordan, San Antonio, TX
        >

        > Community email addresses:
        > Post message: Marbling@onelist.com
        >
        > Shortcut URL to this page:

      • sidestreet6862
        Message 3 of 12 , Feb 14, 2008
          Hi All,

          I was wondering if anyone might be interested in another paper exchange. It's been about
          two years since the last one. I know we have a lot of new members and people have been
          trying new things.

          For those of you who haven't participated in past exchanges, the way it works is this.
          Everyone who is interested contacts me. Once we have a final count, you send that many
          5" x7" (12.5cm x 17.5cm) samples to me, along with some information about your work. I
          then redistribute the samples and return to you one each of everyone else's, along with
          their information.

          The last time we had about 15 participants. The work was varied and extremely interesting.
          While web pictures are fine, it's always much more satisfying and instructive to be able to
          actually see a real sample.

          The exchange is open to everyone (not just those in the Yahoo group), so invite your
          friends if you like. Also, it is open to people at every level, from beginner to professional.

          If you are interested, please contact me directly at bannerworks@..., so as not to
          waste the time of those not interested. I'll send you more detailed instructions. Let's set a
          cut-off date for signing up of March 1. I look forward to hearing from you!

          --Marc Horovitz
        • John Ang
          Message 4 of 12 , Feb 14, 2008
            Hi Marc,

            Thank you again for arranging the paper exchange. Its been a while
            since the last exchange. Hopefully this will be a yearly thing :)

            I enjoyed the papers sent in the last exchange. The last exchange was
            well organised.

            You can count me in for this one.

            I encourage members to join in the exchange as you get to see the real
            stuff, the different techniques and material employed.

            John Ang
            Co-moderator.

            > I was wondering if anyone might be interested in another paper
            exchange. It's been about
            > two years since the last one. I know we have a lot of new members
            and people have been
            > trying new things.
            >
            > --Marc Horovitz

          • Giro
            Message 5 of 12 , Feb 14, 2008
              I can participate, but I have a question.

              Is only marbled paper Exchange?

              Giro.

              Thank you again for arranging the paper exchange. Its been a while
              since the last exchange. Hopefully this will be a yearly thing :)

              I enjoyed the papers sent in the last exchange. The last exchange was
              well organised.

              You can count me in for this one.

              I encourage members to join in the exchange as you get to see the real
              stuff, the different techniques and material employed.

              John Ang
              Co-moderator.

              > I was wondering if anyone might be interested in another paper
              exchange. It's been about
              > two years since the last one. I know we have a lot of new members
              and people have been
              > trying new things.
              >
              > --Marc Horovitz

              Yahoo! Groups Links
            • Sidestreet Bannerworks
              Message 6 of 12 , Feb 15, 2008
                Hi Giro,

                Yes, only marbled paper, please. Shall I add your name to the list?

                Thanks,
                Marc

                I can participate, but I have a question.

                Is only marbled paper Exchange?

                Giro.

              • momo
                Message 7 of 12 , Feb 16, 2008
                  Plaese add me to the list. Respectfully;
                  momora

                  --- In Marbling@yahoogroups.com, "sidestreet6862" <bannerworks@...> wrote:

                  > Hi All,
                  >
                  > I was wondering if anyone might be interested in another paper
                  exchange. It's been about
                  > two years since the last one. I know we have a lot of new members
                  and people have been
                  > trying new things.
                  >
                  > For those of you who haven't participated in past exchanges, the way
                  it works is this.
                  > Everyone who is interested contacts me. Once we have a final count,
                  you send that many
                  > 5" x7" (12.5cm x 17.5cm) samples to me, along with some information
                  about your work. I
                  > then redistribute the samples and return to you one each of everyone
                  else's, along with
                  > their information.
                  >

                  > --Marc Horovitz

                • yesim goktepe
                  Message 8 of 12 , Feb 16, 2008
                    merhaba,
                    I am from Türkiye;I practice tradatinal Turkish Ebru.
                    You may add me this group.I am wondering the new things.
                    Thanks,
                    Yeşim Göktepe

[...]

                  • Alain Valet
                    Message 9 of 12 , Feb 28, 2008
                      Hello,
                      ¨
                      I'm interested in this paper exchange.
                      If you don't know my work, you can see it at
                      http://marbrure.blogspot.com/
                      Hope to hear from you,

                      Alain Valet
                      Belgium
                    • Thomas D' Aquin
                      Message 10 of 12 , Dec 24, 2012
                        Bonjour Messier Valet, Merry christmas for you and family I am still
                        kicjking at 85, but have not done any marbling in over tnhree years.
                        I just ran across your name on my e mail, so I thought to send you a message
                        Have a good new year. here in ensenada it is around 50 degrees. It
                        is probably a lot colder kin Bdelgium. hasta la vista, tomas aquino

                        To: Marbling@yahoogroups.com