Re: [Marbling] Paper exchange?

  • J Dolphin
    Message 1 of 12 , Jan 19, 2001
      This is an idea that has been effectively used for an email pyrography
      group. Everyone who participated had a lot of fun doing this. I hope you are
      successful and please keep us posted on how it is going!
      Jill
      Message 2 of 12 , Jan 19, 2001
        Yes, I would love to be included. This sounds like a great idea (as
        long as the paper is not too large for mailing). I hope you are able to
        pull this off. Betty Lou Jordan, San Antonio, TX
      • J Dolphin
        Message 3 of 12 , Jan 20, 2001
          The pyrography group that did this xchange, kept their samples small--about
          5x5 inches. Their idea was to create a 'quilt'. I have seen some of the
          samples that went into that exchange--and they are all lovely. Perhaps that
          size restriction may be helpful to the marblers here who will be involved in
          swapping papers.
          Jill
          > Yes, I would love to be included. This sounds like a great idea (as
          > long as the paper is not too large for mailing). I hope you are able to
          > pull this off. Betty Lou Jordan, San Antonio, TX
          >

          > Community email addresses:
          > Post message: Marbling@onelist.com
          >
          > Shortcut URL to this page:

        • sidestreet6862
          Message 4 of 12 , Feb 14 2:30 PM
            Hi All,

            I was wondering if anyone might be interested in another paper exchange. It's been about
            two years since the last one. I know we have a lot of new members and people have been
            trying new things.

            For those of you who haven't participated in past exchanges, the way it works is this.
            Everyone who is interested contacts me. Once we have a final count, you send that many
            5" x7" (12.5cm x 17.5cm) samples to me, along with some information about your work. I
            then redistribute the samples and return to you one each of everyone else's, along with
            their information.

            The last time we had about 15 participants. The work was varied and extremely interesting.
            While web pictures are fine, it's always much more satisfying and instructive to be able to
            actually see a real sample.

            The exchange is open to everyone (not just those in the Yahoo group), so invite your
            friends if you like. Also, it is open to people at every level, from beginner to professional.

            If you are interested, please contact me directly at bannerworks@..., so as not to
            waste the time of those not interested. I'll send you more detailed instructions. Let's set a
            cut-off date for signing up of March 1. I look forward to hearing from you!

            --Marc Horovitz
          • John Ang
            Message 5 of 12 , Feb 14 6:11 PM
              Hi Marc,

              Thank you again for arranging the paper exchange. Its been a while
              since the last exchange. Hopefully this will be a yearly thing :)

              I enjoyed the papers sent in the last exchange. The last exchange was
              well organised.

              You can count me in for this one.

              I encourage members to join in the exchange as you get to see the real
              stuff, the different techniques and material employed.

              John Ang
              Co-moderator.

              > I was wondering if anyone might be interested in another paper
              exchange. It's been about
              > two years since the last one. I know we have a lot of new members
              and people have been
              > trying new things.
              >
              > --Marc Horovitz

            • Giro
              Message 6 of 12 , Feb 14 11:07 PM
                I can participate, but I have a question.

                Is only marbled paper Exchange?

                Giro.

                Thank you again for arranging the paper exchange. Its been a while
                since the last exchange. Hopefully this will be a yearly thing :)

                I enjoyed the papers sent in the last exchange. The last exchange was
                well organised.

                You can count me in for this one.

                I encourage members to join in the exchange as you get to see the real
                stuff, the different techniques and material employed.

                John Ang
                Co-moderator.

                > I was wondering if anyone might be interested in another paper
                exchange. It's been about
                > two years since the last one. I know we have a lot of new members
                and people have been
                > trying new things.
                >
                > --Marc Horovitz

                Yahoo! Groups Links
              • Sidestreet Bannerworks
                Message 7 of 12 , Feb 15 7:26 AM
                  Hi Giro,

                  Yes, only marbled paper, please. Shall I add your name to the list?

                  Thanks,
                  Marc

                  I can participate, but I have a question.

                  Is only marbled paper Exchange?

                  Giro.

                • momo
                  Message 8 of 12 , Feb 16 3:44 PM
                    Plaese add me to the list. Respectfully;
                    momora

                    --- In Marbling@yahoogroups.com, "sidestreet6862" <bannerworks@...> wrote:

                    > Hi All,
                    >
                    > I was wondering if anyone might be interested in another paper
                    exchange. It's been about
                    > two years since the last one. I know we have a lot of new members
                    and people have been
                    > trying new things.
                    >
                    > For those of you who haven't participated in past exchanges, the way
                    it works is this.
                    > Everyone who is interested contacts me. Once we have a final count,
                    you send that many
                    > 5" x7" (12.5cm x 17.5cm) samples to me, along with some information
                    about your work. I
                    > then redistribute the samples and return to you one each of everyone
                    else's, along with
                    > their information.
                    >

                    > --Marc Horovitz

                  • yesim goktepe
                    Message 9 of 12 , Feb 16 11:00 PM
                      merhaba,
                      I am from Türkiye;I practice tradatinal Turkish Ebru.
                      You may add me this group.I am wondering the new things.
                      Thanks,
                      Yeşim Göktepe

[...]

                    • Alain Valet
                      Message 10 of 12 , Feb 28 4:00 AM
                        Hello,
                        ¨
                        I'm interested in this paper exchange.
                        If you don't know my work, you can see it at
                        http://marbrure.blogspot.com/
                        Hope to hear from you,

                        Alain Valet
                        Belgium
                      • Thomas D' Aquin
                        Message 11 of 12 , Dec 24, 2012
                          Bonjour Messier Valet, Merry christmas for you and family I am still
                          kicjking at 85, but have not done any marbling in over tnhree years.
                          I just ran across your name on my e mail, so I thought to send you a message
                          Have a good new year. here in ensenada it is around 50 degrees. It
                          is probably a lot colder kin Bdelgium. hasta la vista, tomas aquino

                          To: Marbling@yahoogroups.com