Re: [Marbling] Re: suminagashi link

  • Lokman Torun
    Message 1 of 7 , Nov 8, 2007
      Can you explain how she made them?
      Yhanks,
      Lokman

      ----- Original Message ----
      From: Cesar <cesar@...>
      To: Marbling@yahoogroups.com
      Sent: Tuesday, November 6, 2007 8:00:45 PM
      Subject: Re: [Marbling] Re: suminagashi link

      hello I am César, from Buenos Aires Argentina. Please see below a link of some works of Teresa Pereda. She is an Argentinian artist who lives in the farm an captures water´s movement from stagnant water in the middle of the field.
      As a curiosity: she recently heard about marbling for the firs time

      Thanks for the article!
      yours,
      César

      http://www.wussmann .com/arte/ muestras_ anteriores_ pereda.php

      ADOCE S.A
      Alfredo L. Palacios 1119 (ex-Alvarado)
      C1167ABG Buenos Aires, Argentina
      Tel/Fax: (54 11) 4303 0955
      Cel: (54 9 11) 6955 9773
      Web page: www.adoce.com

      Message 2 of 7 , Nov 8, 2007
        Dear Lokman,

        She works with several techniques. For example, in this foto she is immersing a 300 grs (aproximately) sheet in stagnant water from rain ¿puddle? in the farm. In Argentina , Pcía de Buenos Aires there are huge plains called "Pampa húmeda"

        If tou want to ask specific questions I can contact her or even better contact you directly.
        regards
        César

        Alfredo L. Palacios 1119 (ex-Alvarado)
        C1167ABG Buenos Aires, Argentina
        Tel/Fax: (54 11) 4303 0955
        Cel: (54 9 11) 6955 9773
        Web page: www.adoce.com

        Neat article! Thanks for bringing it to our attention. Did anyone else
        spy a bit of Turkish marbling in her works also, or was I imagining it?

        Lavinia

        --- In Marbling@yahoogroup s.com, Sharon Giles <sharon_giles@ ...> wrote:

        > An article in a particle physics magazine:
        > http://www.symmetry magazine. org/cms/? pid=1000536
        > gallery: amy lee segami
        >
        > Painting with the flow
        >
        > With an ancient art, an engineer captures the intricate swirls of
        nature.

        Checked by AVG Free Edition.