Re: suminagashi link

  • walpolepo
    Message 1 of 7 , Nov 7, 2007
      How does Ms. Segami "capture the intricate swirls of nature" on museum
      board? The article says she picks up the pattern on rice paper, which
      seems more likely. Elinor Eisemann
    • Lokman Torun
      Message 2 of 7 , Nov 8, 2007
        Can you explain how she made them?
        Yhanks,
        Lokman

        Message 3 of 7 , Nov 8, 2007
          Dear Lokman,

          She works with several techniques. For example, in this foto she is immersing a 300 grs (aproximately) sheet in stagnant water from rain ¿puddle? in the farm. In Argentina , Pcía de Buenos Aires there are huge plains called "Pampa húmeda"

          If tou want to ask specific questions I can contact her or even better contact you directly.
          regards
          César

          Alfredo L. Palacios 1119 (ex-Alvarado)
          C1167ABG Buenos Aires, Argentina
          Tel/Fax: (54 11) 4303 0955
          Cel: (54 9 11) 6955 9773
          Web page: www.adoce.com

          Neat article! Thanks for bringing it to our attention. Did anyone else
          spy a bit of Turkish marbling in her works also, or was I imagining it?

          Lavinia

          --- In Marbling@yahoogroup s.com, Sharon Giles <sharon_giles@ ...> wrote:

          > An article in a particle physics magazine:
          > http://www.symmetry magazine. org/cms/? pid=1000536
          > gallery: amy lee segami
          >
          > Painting with the flow
          >
          > With an ancient art, an engineer captures the intricate swirls of
          nature.

          Checked by AVG Free Edition.