Re: suminagashi link

  • mpmh60201
    Message 1 of 7 , Nov 6, 2007
      Amy (Lee) Segami studied with me at my marbling resource
      studio in Evanston, IL, in the late 1980's. The workshops were
      traditional paper marbling. It would be great to see new work of
      hers as the images in the article are quite old.
      Milena
    • walpolepo
      Message 2 of 7 , Nov 7, 2007
        How does Ms. Segami "capture the intricate swirls of nature" on museum
        board? The article says she picks up the pattern on rice paper, which
        seems more likely. Elinor Eisemann
      • Lokman Torun
        Message 3 of 7 , Nov 8, 2007
          Can you explain how she made them?
          Yhanks,
          Lokman

          Message 4 of 7 , Nov 8, 2007
            Dear Lokman,

            She works with several techniques. For example, in this foto she is immersing a 300 grs (aproximately) sheet in stagnant water from rain ¿puddle? in the farm. In Argentina , Pcía de Buenos Aires there are huge plains called "Pampa húmeda"

            If tou want to ask specific questions I can contact her or even better contact you directly.
            regards
            César

            Alfredo L. Palacios 1119 (ex-Alvarado)
            C1167ABG Buenos Aires, Argentina
            Tel/Fax: (54 11) 4303 0955
            Cel: (54 9 11) 6955 9773
            Web page: www.adoce.com

            Neat article! Thanks for bringing it to our attention. Did anyone else
            spy a bit of Turkish marbling in her works also, or was I imagining it?

            Lavinia

            --- In Marbling@yahoogroup s.com, Sharon Giles <sharon_giles@ ...> wrote:

            > An article in a particle physics magazine:
            > http://www.symmetry magazine. org/cms/? pid=1000536
            > gallery: amy lee segami
            >
            > Painting with the flow
            >
            > With an ancient art, an engineer captures the intricate swirls of
            nature.

            Checked by AVG Free Edition.