Re: [Marbling] Re: suminagashi link

  • Cesar
    Message 1 of 7 , Nov 6, 2007
      hello I am César, from Buenos Aires Argentina. Please see below a link of some works of Teresa Pereda. She is an Argentinian artist who lives in the farm an captures water´s movement from stagnant water in the middle of the field.
      As a curiosity: she recently heard about marbling for the firs time

      Thanks for the article!
      yours,
      César

      http://www.wussmann.com/arte/muestras_anteriores_pereda.php

      ADOCE S.A
      Alfredo L. Palacios 1119 (ex-Alvarado)
      C1167ABG Buenos Aires, Argentina
      Tel/Fax: (54 11) 4303 0955
      Cel: (54 9 11) 6955 9773
      Web page: www.adoce.com

      Message 2 of 7 , Nov 6, 2007
        Amy (Lee) Segami studied with me at my marbling resource
        studio in Evanston, IL, in the late 1980's. The workshops were
        traditional paper marbling. It would be great to see new work of
        hers as the images in the article are quite old.
        Milena
      • walpolepo
        Message 3 of 7 , Nov 7, 2007
          How does Ms. Segami "capture the intricate swirls of nature" on museum
          board? The article says she picks up the pattern on rice paper, which
          seems more likely. Elinor Eisemann
        • Lokman Torun
          Message 4 of 7 , Nov 8, 2007
            Can you explain how she made them?
            Yhanks,
            Lokman

            Neat article! Thanks for bringing it to our attention. Did anyone else
            spy a bit of Turkish marbling in her works also, or was I imagining it?

            Lavinia

            --- In Marbling@yahoogroup s.com, Sharon Giles <sharon_giles@ ...> wrote:

            > An article in a particle physics magazine:
            > http://www.symmetry magazine. org/cms/? pid=1000536
            > gallery: amy lee segami
            >
            > Painting with the flow
            >
            > With an ancient art, an engineer captures the intricate swirls of
            nature.

            Checked by AVG Free Edition.

          • Cesar
            Message 5 of 7 , Nov 8, 2007
              Dear Lokman,

              She works with several techniques. For example, in this foto she is immersing a 300 grs (aproximately) sheet in stagnant water from rain ¿puddle? in the farm. In Argentina , Pcía de Buenos Aires there are huge plains called "Pampa húmeda"

              If tou want to ask specific questions I can contact her or even better contact you directly.
              regards
              César

              Alfredo L. Palacios 1119 (ex-Alvarado)
              C1167ABG Buenos Aires, Argentina
              Tel/Fax: (54 11) 4303 0955
              Cel: (54 9 11) 6955 9773
              Web page: www.adoce.com

              Neat article! Thanks for bringing it to our attention. Did anyone else
              spy a bit of Turkish marbling in her works also, or was I imagining it?

              Lavinia

              --- In Marbling@yahoogroup s.com, Sharon Giles <sharon_giles@ ...> wrote:

              > An article in a particle physics magazine:
              > http://www.symmetry magazine. org/cms/? pid=1000536
              > gallery: amy lee segami
              >
              > Painting with the flow
              >
              > With an ancient art, an engineer captures the intricate swirls of
              nature.

              Checked by AVG Free Edition.