suminagashi link

  • Sharon Giles
    Message 1 of 7 , Nov 6, 2007
      An article in a particle physics magazine:
      http://www.symmetrymagazine.org/cms/?pid=1000536
      gallery: amy lee segami

      Painting with the flow

      With an ancient art, an engineer captures the intricate swirls of nature.

    • onemarbler
      Message 2 of 7 , Nov 6, 2007
        Neat article! Thanks for bringing it to our attention. Did anyone else
        spy a bit of Turkish marbling in her works also, or was I imagining it?

        Lavinia

        --- In Marbling@yahoogroups.com, Sharon Giles <sharon_giles@...> wrote:

        > An article in a particle physics magazine:
        > http://www.symmetrymagazine.org/cms/?pid=1000536
        > gallery: amy lee segami
        >
        > Painting with the flow
        >
        > With an ancient art, an engineer captures the intricate swirls of
        nature.

      • Cesar
        Message 3 of 7 , Nov 6, 2007
          hello I am César, from Buenos Aires Argentina. Please see below a link of some works of Teresa Pereda. She is an Argentinian artist who lives in the farm an captures water´s movement from stagnant water in the middle of the field.
          As a curiosity: she recently heard about marbling for the firs time

          Thanks for the article!
          yours,
          César

          http://www.wussmann.com/arte/muestras_anteriores_pereda.php

          ADOCE S.A
          Alfredo L. Palacios 1119 (ex-Alvarado)
          C1167ABG Buenos Aires, Argentina
          Tel/Fax: (54 11) 4303 0955
          Cel: (54 9 11) 6955 9773
          Web page: www.adoce.com

          Neat article! Thanks for bringing it to our attention. Did anyone else
          spy a bit of Turkish marbling in her works also, or was I imagining it?

          Lavinia

          --- In Marbling@yahoogroups.com, Sharon Giles <sharon_giles@...> wrote:

          > An article in a particle physics magazine:
          > http://www.symmetrymagazine.org/cms/?pid=1000536
          > gallery: amy lee segami
          >
          > Painting with the flow
          >
          > With an ancient art, an engineer captures the intricate swirls of
          nature.

        • mpmh60201
          Message 4 of 7 , Nov 6, 2007
            Amy (Lee) Segami studied with me at my marbling resource
            studio in Evanston, IL, in the late 1980's. The workshops were
            traditional paper marbling. It would be great to see new work of
            hers as the images in the article are quite old.
            Milena
          • walpolepo
            Message 5 of 7 , Nov 7, 2007
              How does Ms. Segami "capture the intricate swirls of nature" on museum
              board? The article says she picks up the pattern on rice paper, which
              seems more likely. Elinor Eisemann
            • Lokman Torun
              Message 6 of 7 , Nov 8, 2007
                Can you explain how she made them?
                Yhanks,
                Lokman

                Neat article! Thanks for bringing it to our attention. Did anyone else
                spy a bit of Turkish marbling in her works also, or was I imagining it?

                Lavinia

                --- In Marbling@yahoogroup s.com, Sharon Giles <sharon_giles@ ...> wrote:

                > An article in a particle physics magazine:
                > http://www.symmetry magazine. org/cms/? pid=1000536
                > gallery: amy lee segami
                >
                > Painting with the flow
                >
                > With an ancient art, an engineer captures the intricate swirls of
                nature.

                Checked by AVG Free Edition.

              • Cesar
                Message 7 of 7 , Nov 8, 2007
                  Dear Lokman,

                  She works with several techniques. For example, in this foto she is immersing a 300 grs (aproximately) sheet in stagnant water from rain ¿puddle? in the farm. In Argentina , Pcía de Buenos Aires there are huge plains called "Pampa húmeda"

                  If tou want to ask specific questions I can contact her or even better contact you directly.
                  regards
                  César

                  Alfredo L. Palacios 1119 (ex-Alvarado)
                  C1167ABG Buenos Aires, Argentina
                  Tel/Fax: (54 11) 4303 0955
                  Cel: (54 9 11) 6955 9773
                  Web page: www.adoce.com

                  Neat article! Thanks for bringing it to our attention. Did anyone else
                  spy a bit of Turkish marbling in her works also, or was I imagining it?

                  Lavinia

                  --- In Marbling@yahoogroup s.com, Sharon Giles <sharon_giles@ ...> wrote:

                  > An article in a particle physics magazine:
                  > http://www.symmetry magazine. org/cms/? pid=1000536
                  > gallery: amy lee segami
                  >
                  > Painting with the flow
                  >
                  > With an ancient art, an engineer captures the intricate swirls of
                  nature.

                  Checked by AVG Free Edition.