Paper exchange?

  • sidestreet@americanisp.net
    Message 1 of 12 , Jan 18, 2001
      I was wondering if anyone on the list, especially the
      non-professionals, might be interested in a paper exchange? The way it
      would work would be like this:

      If there were (for instance) 10 people interested, everyone would send
      in 10 sheets by a given date. These would then be collated into
      packages of 10, one sheet from each participant, and redistributed.
      The only cost would be your time and materials in producing the
      papers, plus postage. It would be a great way to see, firsthand, what
      others are doing.

      If you are interested in this idea, please contact me off-list (so as
      not to burden those who are not interested with unnecessary e-mail)
      and we'll figure out what to do about it. I'm at
      sidestreet@...

      I look ofrward to hearing from you.

      Mar
    • J Dolphin
      Message 2 of 12 , Jan 19, 2001
        This is an idea that has been effectively used for an email pyrography
        group. Everyone who participated had a lot of fun doing this. I hope you are
        successful and please keep us posted on how it is going!
        Jill
        Message 3 of 12 , Jan 19, 2001
          Yes, I would love to be included. This sounds like a great idea (as
          long as the paper is not too large for mailing). I hope you are able to
          pull this off. Betty Lou Jordan, San Antonio, TX
        • J Dolphin
          Message 4 of 12 , Jan 20, 2001
            The pyrography group that did this xchange, kept their samples small--about
            5x5 inches. Their idea was to create a 'quilt'. I have seen some of the
            samples that went into that exchange--and they are all lovely. Perhaps that
            size restriction may be helpful to the marblers here who will be involved in
            swapping papers.
            Jill
            > Yes, I would love to be included. This sounds like a great idea (as
            > long as the paper is not too large for mailing). I hope you are able to
            > pull this off. Betty Lou Jordan, San Antonio, TX
            >

            > Community email addresses:
            > Post message: Marbling@onelist.com
            >
            > Shortcut URL to this page:

          • sidestreet6862
            Message 5 of 12 , Feb 14, 2008
              Hi All,

              I was wondering if anyone might be interested in another paper exchange. It's been about
              two years since the last one. I know we have a lot of new members and people have been
              trying new things.

              For those of you who haven't participated in past exchanges, the way it works is this.
              Everyone who is interested contacts me. Once we have a final count, you send that many
              5" x7" (12.5cm x 17.5cm) samples to me, along with some information about your work. I
              then redistribute the samples and return to you one each of everyone else's, along with
              their information.

              The last time we had about 15 participants. The work was varied and extremely interesting.
              While web pictures are fine, it's always much more satisfying and instructive to be able to
              actually see a real sample.

              The exchange is open to everyone (not just those in the Yahoo group), so invite your
              friends if you like. Also, it is open to people at every level, from beginner to professional.

              If you are interested, please contact me directly at bannerworks@..., so as not to
              waste the time of those not interested. I'll send you more detailed instructions. Let's set a
              cut-off date for signing up of March 1. I look forward to hearing from you!

              --Marc Horovitz
            • John Ang
              Message 6 of 12 , Feb 14, 2008
                Hi Marc,

                Thank you again for arranging the paper exchange. Its been a while
                since the last exchange. Hopefully this will be a yearly thing :)

                I enjoyed the papers sent in the last exchange. The last exchange was
                well organised.

                You can count me in for this one.

                I encourage members to join in the exchange as you get to see the real
                stuff, the different techniques and material employed.

                John Ang
                Co-moderator.

                > I was wondering if anyone might be interested in another paper
                exchange. It's been about
                > two years since the last one. I know we have a lot of new members
                and people have been
                > trying new things.
                >
                > --Marc Horovitz

              • Giro
                Message 7 of 12 , Feb 14, 2008
                  I can participate, but I have a question.

                  Is only marbled paper Exchange?

                  Giro.

                  Thank you again for arranging the paper exchange. Its been a while
                  since the last exchange. Hopefully this will be a yearly thing :)

                  I enjoyed the papers sent in the last exchange. The last exchange was
                  well organised.

                  You can count me in for this one.

                  I encourage members to join in the exchange as you get to see the real
                  stuff, the different techniques and material employed.

                  John Ang
                  Co-moderator.

                  > I was wondering if anyone might be interested in another paper
                  exchange. It's been about
                  > two years since the last one. I know we have a lot of new members
                  and people have been
                  > trying new things.
                  >
                  > --Marc Horovitz

                  Yahoo! Groups Links
                • Sidestreet Bannerworks
                  Message 8 of 12 , Feb 15, 2008
                    Hi Giro,

                    Yes, only marbled paper, please. Shall I add your name to the list?

                    Thanks,
                    Marc

                    I can participate, but I have a question.

                    Is only marbled paper Exchange?

                    Giro.

                  • momo
                    Message 9 of 12 , Feb 16, 2008
                      Plaese add me to the list. Respectfully;
                      momora

                      --- In Marbling@yahoogroups.com, "sidestreet6862" <bannerworks@...> wrote:

                      > Hi All,
                      >
                      > I was wondering if anyone might be interested in another paper
                      exchange. It's been about
                      > two years since the last one. I know we have a lot of new members
                      and people have been
                      > trying new things.
                      >
                      > For those of you who haven't participated in past exchanges, the way
                      it works is this.
                      > Everyone who is interested contacts me. Once we have a final count,
                      you send that many
                      > 5" x7" (12.5cm x 17.5cm) samples to me, along with some information
                      about your work. I
                      > then redistribute the samples and return to you one each of everyone
                      else's, along with
                      > their information.
                      >

                      > --Marc Horovitz

                    • yesim goktepe
                      Message 10 of 12 , Feb 16, 2008
                        merhaba,
                        I am from Türkiye;I practice tradatinal Turkish Ebru.
                        You may add me this group.I am wondering the new things.
                        Thanks,
                        Yeşim Göktepe

[...]

                      • Alain Valet
                        Message 11 of 12 , Feb 28, 2008
                          Hello,
                          ¨
                          I'm interested in this paper exchange.
                          If you don't know my work, you can see it at
                          http://marbrure.blogspot.com/
                          Hope to hear from you,

                          Alain Valet
                          Belgium
                        • Thomas D' Aquin
                          Message 12 of 12 , Dec 24, 2012
                            Bonjour Messier Valet, Merry christmas for you and family I am still
                            kicjking at 85, but have not done any marbling in over tnhree years.
                            I just ran across your name on my e mail, so I thought to send you a message
                            Have a good new year. here in ensenada it is around 50 degrees. It
                            is probably a lot colder kin Bdelgium. hasta la vista, tomas aquino

                            To: Marbling@yahoogroups.com