Spanish marbling on book edges

  • Jake Benson
    Message 1 of 1 , Oct 1, 2007
      Hi Iris,

      I have one "spanish' marbled wave pattern on the edge of a copy of:

      Anthon, Charles. A Dictionary of Greek and Roman Antiquities. New
      York: Harper & Brothers, 1843.

      It's executed in a medium brown with blue veins, typical of that time.
      The marbling is fairly typical, although the top edge does "puddle"
      meaning the lines are curved rather than straight. So it is more like
      a moiré than the rigid style... When I get some time, I'll post an image.

      Jake