Disappearing traditional Turkish book arts

  • Oguzhan
    Message 1 of 1 , Sep 20, 2007
      13 September-13 October

      V.Golden Hands Art and Crafts festival

      organized by the Ministry of Culture Turkey,
      and the Municipality of Beyoglu

      which is celebrating its 150th year.

      at stand#64 I am promoting the renaissance of Turkish handpaper making

      and looking for support for The Paper and Parchment Museum of Istanbul

      and fundraising for the Suleymaniye Library Book Hospital which is a
      joint project of IRCICA,Suleymaniye Library,UNESCO and Min.of
      Culture.

      and other projects related to the
      2010 Istanbul European Culture Capital www.istanbul2010.org
      2008 Frankfurt Book Fair

      Those concerned and happen to be in the vicinity are wellcome.

      BOL ! Bring your own Laptop ! if you want to see documentary films
      on the Last Papermakers on the Silk Road,Takla Makan and Khotan !

      We will be hosting the 30.IPH Congress in 2010 in Istanbul !!!!!

      www.paperhistory.org (I am the coordinator of the congress)

      Ingrid,Iris,Nelle and other friends : GREETINGS !!!!

      Tom Leech will be in Turkey .

      Tom : I will be assisting Sonia King with her mosaic classes
      at our glass school www.glassfurnace.org
      15-22 october .

      You will love the glass school.

      LAST GOOD NEWS !!
      Patty Gray is teaching this week at our glass school,
      please check out her work because she combs the glass !!!

      which may mean that the glass artists must have inspired marblers to
      comb....

      cordially,

      OZ