Marbling on Plastic

  • fontpro@usa.net
    Message 1 of 4 , Jan 14, 2001
      Hello!

      I need to marble on styrene plastic. Small candy holders. What brand of
      marbling will adhere to plastic.

      Thanks

      mac
    • J Dolphin
      Message 2 of 4 , Jan 15, 2001
        I do not know what you mean by the brand of marbling. You mean the type of
        paints?..........I was thinking there is a kit I saw some time back--that
        allows some process to put paints on objects, by dipping them in the
        solution. Maybe someone here can tell us the name of it, as I think that is
        the one you will need for this process.
        Jill

        Message 3 of 4 , Jan 15, 2001
          You can also do this with spray enamels, spray a few colors gently on water
          in a bucket, stir them quickly then dip the obejct while wiggling it
          downward. This will draw in the paints around the object.You need to act
          quickly because they dry quickly when exposed to air. No sophisticated
          patterns this way though.

          I.Nevins
        • Mary Gilmour
          Message 4 of 4 , Jan 17, 2001
            Hi Mac
            Sorry I didn't reply to this earlier but I am unpacking boxes to set up my
            studio work room and have also had computer problems.
            Here in Australia there is a firm who demonstrate a marble kit at craft
            shows and it will take and dry immediately on any plastics, glass, fabric
            and silk which still feels soft, and just about anything and is instant and
            simple to use. I have purchased a kit but haven't used it yet. The firm
            is called Marble Magic and the address is P.O. Box 505, Victoria Park,
            Perth 6100 Australia, Trade enquiries mobile is 018924370.
            Hope this helps.
            Mary