Golden Acrylics

  • pauliquann
    Message 1 of 4 , Aug 16 4:05 PM
      Hi:
      I'm just beginning to use Golden Fluid Acrylic and like the results
      alot ...IF...they were consistent. Does anyone use them and know if you
      mix both water and Gac 900 in a 1:1 ratio with the paint or just the
      GAC 900 in a 1:1 ratio with the paint (which seems very liquid)?
      Thanks for your input.
      Paulette Quann
    • Laura Sims
      Message 2 of 4 , Aug 24 5:42 AM
        Paulette,

        If consistent means each paint responds the same to
        the bath they will not. As you get better acquainted
        with the paints you'll learn how to adjust them and in
        which order to use some of them. As a base line for
        fabric try 1:1:1, paint GAC 900 and water. Flow
        Release is Golden's surfactant which will help some
        paints spread more.

        Best,
        Laura

        --- pauliquann <pauliquann@...> wrote:

        > Hi:
        > I'm just beginning to use Golden Fluid Acrylic and
        > like the results
        > alot ...IF...they were consistent. Does anyone use
        > them and know if you
        > mix both water and Gac 900 in a 1:1 ratio with the
        > paint or just the
        > GAC 900 in a 1:1 ratio with the paint (which seems
        > very liquid)?
        > Thanks for your input.
        > Paulette Quann

        Got a little couch potato?
        Message 3 of 4 , Aug 24 5:51 AM
          Also consistent to me means more that you get the colors again and they are of a different lot number, and they act the same. My Windsor Newton gouaches had a habit of changing each time I bought them. it was all in the amount of dispersant they put in. It made it nearly impossible to reproduce one's own work.

          --- pauliquann <pauliquann@...<mailto:pauliquann@...>> wrote:

          > Hi:
          > I'm just beginning to use Golden Fluid Acrylic and
          > like the results
          > alot ...IF...they were consistent. Does anyone use
          > them and know if you
          > mix both water and Gac 900 in a 1:1 ratio with the
          > paint or just the
          > GAC 900 in a 1:1 ratio with the paint (which seems
          > very liquid)?
          > Thanks for your input.
          > Paulette Quann

        • Elizabeth Thummel
          Message 4 of 4 , Aug 24 5:52 PM
            You have gotten me curious about the Golden Acrylics
            and I'm totally new to marbling.

            If you don't already know about it, here are some
            instructions from earthguild.com for using them in
            marbling which I found doing a search on "marbling
            with Golden Acrylics":

            http://www.earthguild.com/products/riff/rmarble.htm

            and another site, dickblick.com that mentions about
            using Golden Glazes for marbling, that they say can be
            mixed with all Golden water-based paints:

            http://www.dickblick.com/zz006/58/

            Elizabeth

            Need a vacation? Get great deals
            to amazing places on Yahoo! Travel.