Re: Warming Carageenan Size

  • pauliquann
    Message 1 of 4 , Aug 13, 2007
      Thank you so much for your input. I will try each thing you suggest
      and let you the results. I have clean my size (it was fairly new...I
      only used it twice without success) and will now try differnt paints.
      I've been using jacquard marlbing colors. I used to work with dye-na-
      flow paints which have always worked beautifully especially on silk.
      But now they're not working...the reason I swithced to jacquard
      marbling colore. I've also had a new marbling tray built (out of wood
      and thought this might be the problem so cover it with plasict to no
      avail).
      Thanks again. I'll let you know,
      Paulette

      > It could be that your size is too thick? How are you making it?
      What are you using for paint, it could be the paints too. You may
      need more dispersants. If you are using acrylic if you do not clean
      the size extra well, maybe double clean it, every few times (more
      than with watercolor) it will give jagged spots and not allow maximum
      spreading. It could be the brand of paint you are using too. Not all
      acrylic or watercolor is the same formula from one brand to another.
      So try another make. Your paints too, they may be too thick. Thck
      paint doesn't always mean brighter color, sometimes quite the
      contrary. Water some down a little and add a little more dispersant,
      make sure you are making the size right, clean the size really well,
      see what happens.

      > Iris Nevins
      > www,marblingpaper.com

      without

      Message 2 of 4 , Aug 13, 2007
        Plastic is always better than wood in my opinion. Maybe some of the acrylic marblers here can advise on the paints out there and how they diulte them or use them etc. I have had lovely results from the cheap stuff at Walmart called Ceram-Coat. Not all colors work well, you have to try a basic few i would think. it's been so long I forgot which I used to use. I didn't dilute them, though they seem creamy.