animal glue

  • Nick Metal Kandy
    Message 1 of 1 , Aug 1, 2007
      Nick:
      For real animal glue, go look at the place where restorers buy their materials. They are lost
      without glue. But take care! There are two kinds of animal glue, made either from bones or
      else from skin.

      The bones kind hardens much harder and is used predominantly by furniture restorers,
      the skin kind (especially the one made from hare's skin and feet, and especially if
      prepared freshly) is finer and not as hard as stones and that's the kind good
      bookbinders have used in books for centuries.

      Restorers roll their eyes when they have to cope with bone glue in a book,
      it's always additional work and guaranteed to involve more loss than skin glue.

      Susanne Krause

      thanks Susanne. It's good to have an idea of what I am searching for....
      skin glue is the one for me! thanks again, nick