Re: [Marbling] Sprinkled paper/German, French?

  • Søren Ibsen
    Message 1 of 6 , Aug 1, 2007
      Hej Susanne,

      Du har helt ret! Det er ikke Gustavmarmor, men agatmarmor?

      Thanks, you are right. It is not Gustavmarmor, but "Agatmarmor"? It is
      also a thin and shiny paper, and treated in the same way as "Gustavmarmor".

      The animal glue we used was in plasticpackages to keep the glue soft and
      avoid the glue to harden. Use it fresh in waterbath or gluepot. The
      temperature must not goes over 60 degree Celsius.

      Kind regards

      Søren Ibsen

      --On 1. august 2007 07:36 +0000 hamburgerbuntpapier_de
      <studio@...> wrote:

      > Hej Søren,
      >
      > det er ikke Gustavmarmor, Gustavmarmor er den med spætternes rænder i
      kontrastfarver?
      > or in English: that's not Gustavmarmor, Gustavmarmor is the kind where
      the sprinkles have
      > edges in constrasting colour. The English term for Gustavmarmor is cocoa
      marbled paper.
      > It is not marbled, though, it is made on the workbench like all sprinkled
      papers.

      > The German term used most frequently for the kind of sprinkled paper we
      are currently
      > talking about is 'Achatmarmor', but I do not know the Danish or even
      English equivalent.