Re: [Marbling] more....

  • Ellen Tresselt
    Message 1 of 5 , Jul 22, 2007
      Thank you for the quick response -- as I was driving back to the
      grocery store a little voice in my head said, "hey I'll bet you can
      find powered calgon through the Internet!" So I will. But I wonder
      what properties Borax might have that could help or affect marbling.
      Another chemical I think I read something about pertaining to
      marbling is BORIC ACID helping to keep size from going bad and I did
      add it to my size for awhile when I was still using carageenan. I
      never really knew for sure if it helped or not. Sometimes I thought
      it actually made my colors brighter and had an influence on making my
      marbling paints behave better, but it was not anything that I could
      say for certain. I would buy it at the drug store. I still keep
      some on hand just in case I have a bad time and there is the off
      chance that it could help. Anyway, I will definitely order powdered
      Calgon online -- thanks again!

      Nelle