Agh...trouble trouble after our 84 messages

  • gretchen vansant
    Message 1 of 1 , Jul 15, 2007
      Hello Ladies and Gentleman, Its nice to be able to call myself a marbler again. After almost a year I did a new bath today. I moved a couple years ago into a new home. The small basement is my new studio. Cramped, I tore out some shelves, got some peg boards to hang my rakes on the wall. Well this morning went well, but by afternoon, (after a long needed nap) my bath got the case of the "sharp edges" The paint lays fine at first ,but divides up while raking. Now I have always felt this was the humidity ,but this time I have a de-humidifier!!! Of course by evening the humidity from outside creeps in. The only other thing I can think of is I use the same rakes over and over ,wiping off in between, perhaps I should wash these monster rakes. I try not to let my finished work drip to cause "Alum" contamination. So my question is... If I go get a pH tester strips, test it ,how can I correct a all ready in process bath? or can you? My only thought is to wait till early
      morning to work when its little cooler and try again. It seems a bummer to only do "stones" as a pattern....any ideas? THANKS Gretchen