marble ink

  • stamper8@bellsouth.net
    Message 1 of 4 , Dec 4, 2000
      I am facinated with marbling. I have been trying to work out the
      process for a very long time. I have seen so many different
      approaches to the process that I really am very confused. I know you
      have to have a thick base. But do you use paint or ink? I am really
      interested in the ink, but I can not seem to find the supplies. I am
      not looking for the easy way out, I would like to do some quality
      work. Any help anyone can give me would be appreciated.
      Please email my personal box. stamper8@ bellsouth.com
    • J Dolphin
      Message 2 of 4 , Dec 4, 2000
        Again--apologies to ALL the list--as i Still haven't made a complete list of
        sources to go in the file section here...anyway--
        First off--tell us where you are--then--readers on the list can advise
        you of your closest source for getting supplies.
        Check the local library, too--there could be books there for you to
        borrow--to help start out.
        Jill

      • stamper8@bellsouth.net
        Message 3 of 4 , Dec 4, 2000
          I am in North Carolina, Just outside of Charlotte. What is the
          favorite media for marbling ink or paint. It seems to me the paint is
          just to crunchy.

          -- In Marbling@egroups.com, "J Dolphin" <jdolphin@s...> wrote:
          > Again--apologies to ALL the list--as i Still haven't made a complete
          list of
          > sources to go in the file section here...anyway--
          > First off--tell us where you are--then--readers on the list can
          advise
          > you of your closest source for getting supplies.
          > Check the local library, too--there could be books there for you
          > borrow--to help start out.
          > Jill

        • Laura Sims
          Message 4 of 4 , Dec 5, 2000
            Dear Stamper8,

            Call me. I'm in Asheville, NC. 828-251-9188

            Best,
            Laura Sims