out of the studio

  • rachel@dieudonne.org
    Message 1 of 96 , Jul 15, 2007
      Hello,
      After 3 1/2 incredible years with all of the great artists and staff at Dieu Donné, I would like to announce that I am resigning as Studio Director as of June 15.
      As of June 18th, I will be employed by Pace Editions, working in the new Chelsea gallery location opening this fall.

      Dieu Donné has been an amazing organization to work for and I know I'm leaving at such a time of growth and change. As of July 20th, Dieu Donné will be located at 315 W 36th Street, between 8th and 9th avenues.

      Please contact Steve Orlando (steve@...) regarding any paper orders. For studio rentals, please email Catherine Cox (catherine@...). They can both also be reached at 212.226.0573.

      As soon as I have my new contact information I will forward it to you all!

      Best,
      Rachel
    • Bette Abdu
      Message 96 of 96 , Jul 16, 2007
        Thanks to our moderator for getting Rachel¹s membership in this newsgroup
        turned off for the time being. However, I did not suggest this ‹ I wrote to
        the person (Steve) at Dieu Donné. Since she is no longer employed there she
        undoubtedly has no access to her Œold¹ company e-mail. In any case, John
        Ang¹s reminders about NOT using Œon vacation¹ or Œout of the office¹ auto
        replies is a good one. If you find yourself in this situation the best idea
        is to go to the home page of this Yahoo newsgroup
        http://groups.yahoo.com/group/Marbling/ , select EDIT MY MEMBERSHIP found
        near the top of the page banner, and then select NO MAIL. After your
        absence you may go to the same location and switch your preference back to
        DIGEST or INDIVIDUAL MESSAGES as you prefer. If you set you Yahoo groups
        to NO MAIL then you could use the auto responder to notify your others
        senders about your absence.

        Meanwhile does anyone have any marbling related information to share? As a
        novice I don¹t have any words of wisdom but a brief story from this past
        weekend. I attended an artists¹ retreat (for polymer clay) and brought some
        of my marbled papers to display at my workspace. The level of interest was
        phenomenal. Now that I know how to make these beautiful papers I guess I
        forgot that it was so mysterious to me not long ago. So if you have a
        chance to show your work I encourage you to do so.
        Best regards
        Bette Abdu in NH