Re: [Marbling] German Buntpapier site

    Message 1 of 4 , May 22, 2007
      thanks Jake!
      ----- Original Message -----
      From: Jake Benson<mailto:jemiljan@...>
      To: Marbling@yahoogroups.com<mailto:Marbling@yahoogroups.com>
      Sent: Tuesday, May 22, 2007 4:37 PM
      Subject: [Marbling] German Buntpapier site

      A German-language site about European decorative papers.

      <http://www.buntpapier.org/buntpapier.html<http://www.buntpapier.org/buntpapier.html>>

      Jake Benson

    • hamburgerbuntpapier_de
      Message 2 of 4 , May 22, 2007
        That site was born out of the work of the international panel on terminology I mentioned
        before. The maker, Julia, is an art historian currently working on her doctorate, her thesis
        being about decorated papers etc. in Germany and Austria at the turn of the last century.
        The site is updated now and then, so it's a good idea to bookmark it.

        Susanne Krause

        --- In Marbling@yahoogroups.com, "Jake Benson" <jemiljan@...> wrote:

        > A German-language site about European decorative papers.
        >
        > <http://www.buntpapier.org/buntpapier.html>
        >
        > Jake Benson

      • Jake Benson
        Message 3 of 4 , May 23, 2007
          Thanks Susanne,

          I figured it was the same project that you had mentioned.

          For those of us who do not read German, you can use Google language
          tools to translate the page, although the results do leave something
          to be desired.

          Since the translation link is too long and will not wrap correctly,
          I've created a tiny URL here

          <http://tinyurl.com/2fno6s>

          Perhaps Julia would know more about the study of "silhouette papers"
          that Henck mentioned in 2004?

          Thanks,

          Jake

          --- In Marbling@yahoogroups.com, "hamburgerbuntpapier_de" <studio@...>