Plans for next summer?

  • hamburgerbuntpapier_de
    Message 1 of 1 , May 21, 2007
      Admittedly, it is a bit on the early side to think about next summer, but some plans need
      longer preparations than others, I find.

      To my delight I have been asked to teach another course at Centro del bel libro Ascona
      (www.cbl-ascona.ch), that's in the very south of Switzerland on the Lago Maggiore, where
      Italy is just a step away. I'll teach a five-days course of historical paste paper techniques
      with all its aspects – basics, developments, tools, materials, chemistry (don't worry, it's
      manageable) etc. in the Department of Book and Paper Conservation. Participants are
      restorers, bookbinders and people with equivalent knowledge, the last includes marblers
      interested in historical techniques. My course can be combined with a three-days course
      by the wonderful Edwin Heim, Head of Bookbinding and Design, teaching modern
      techniques in the following week. I'll certainly stay on for that course! Edwin will retire in
      the near future. Dates are 9th to 13th June for the paste paper course and 15th to 18th
      June for modern techniques.

      Conditions at Centro del bel libro are perfect, the building is mostly 15th century, and
      Ascona in June is a dream of sun and flowers. Accomodation ranges between camping site
      and five star hotel.

      Susanne Krause