new mexico again

  • leech541@aol.com
    Message 1 of 1 , May 17 5:42 AM
      Thomas,

      I hope you don't mind me responding to the group. Ms. O'Keeffe had her studio
      at Ghost Ranch, up near Abiquiu, New Mexico. Even in the "old days" she
      didn't care much for Santa Fe I am told. She would probably hate it now. To my
      knowledge she never really had a gallery of her own.

      As for marbling, I'm not aware that she ever tried the technique. She did
      many watercolor studies on paper and her imagery was certainly "minimal" and
      organic enough that I think she would have been a good marbler had she ever tried.
      I sure would like to see the piece you are referring to.

      There are ample resource to research her work here in Santa Fe, and if you
      could point me in the direction of the work in question I'd be happy to look
      into the matter. Thanks for asking,

      tom