Re: [Marbling] Re suppliers of carragheen moss in Australia

  • Lavinia Adler
    Message 1 of 7 , Nov 14, 2000
      Iris Nevins, Decorative Papers
      P.O. Box 429
      Johnsonburg, NJ 07846
      IrisNevins@...

      1-9 lbs. $23.00/lb. 10 lbs. or more $21.00/lb.
      (pricelist is from 1998)

      BookMakers International, Ltd.
      6701B Lafayette Ave.
      Riverdale Park, MD 20737

      Moss (requres cooking) 1 lb. $9.50 ; 2 lbs. $8.75 ; 6 lbs. $8.00 (per
      pound)
      pre-cooked 1/2 lb. $13.75 ; 2 lbs. $12.50 ; 6 lbs. $10.95
      "

      Talas
      568 Broadway
      New York, NY 10012
      talas@...

      1/4 lb. $16.88 ; 1/2 lb. $22.50 ; 1 lb. $30.00 ; 5 lbs. $120.00
      Juno now offers FREE Internet Access!
      http://dl.www.juno.com/get/tagj.
    • J Dolphin
      Message 2 of 7 , Nov 14, 2000
        I must apologize--to you especially--that I do Not have the database set up
        that lists ALL the professional marblers and their contact numbers etc. In a
        pinch--go into the file sections here--and see what info you can obtain.
        There are suppliers on this list I am certain can help you out--and they can
        contact you off list--or publicly post their info.
        Now John is over in Singapore--where he gets his supplies might be of
        benfit to you, too--so hopefully he will also respond to this post.
        And Yes--to everyone else--I will Really try to get all the info put
        together in one file--for future readers looking for assistance!
        Thanks
        Jill
        Message 3 of 7 , Nov 14, 2000
          Hi,

          I got my carrageenan supply from a local company who supplies them in
          bulk. Look for "Colloids" or bakery supplies, under the yellow pages.
          I must admit I had to do a lot of "finger walking" to find the store.

          > Now John is over in Singapore--where he gets his supplies might
          be of
          > benfit to you, too--so hopefully he will also respond to this post.

          John
        • Royce Wiles