Re: Fabric Marblers...an opportunity to share your knowledge

  • sixshort
    Message 1 of 4 , May 7, 2007
      -Congrats on your website, Gretchen. You have been working very hard
      and have produced some beautiful fabric marbling. You mentioned on
      the site that your marbled patterns don't simply sit on top of the
      fabric, but become part of it. Is this a function of the paints you
      are using, or the fineness of the material? Well done. Regards, Joan

      -- In Marbling@yahoogroups.com, gretchen vansant <fine_artist2002@...>
      wrote:

      > Thanks Julie Ann ! vansantdesigns.etsy.com
      >
      > "julieann.stella" <julie.ann.stella@...> wrote: I just saw
      this on the etsy blog

      > http://blog.etsy.com/
      >
      > Esty, the online marketplace for handcrafted items, is hosting an
      online discussion about
      > customizing fabric for projects. The details are on the first post
      of the blog (as of today, May
      > 4th). I believe the discussion is May 10th at 2:00 pm.
      >
      > I only marble paper, I have not branched out into fabrics yet. But I
      would LOVE to see some
      > seasoned fabric marblers participate in this discussion to raise
      awareness about our craft.
      > And it you have an Etsy shop, it's a great way to get noticed and
      promote your shop. And if
      > you don't have an Etsy shop, maybe you will want to join.
      >
      > Thanks, everyone! I hope to join the discussion also, depending on
      my schedule.

      > Warm Regards,
      > Julie Ann

    • gretchen vansant