Re: [Marbling] Fabric Marblers...an opportunity to share your knowledge

  • gretchen vansant
    Message 1 of 4 , May 4 2:44 PM
      Thanks Julie Ann ! vansantdesigns.etsy.com

      "julieann.stella" <julie.ann.stella@...> wrote: I just saw this on the etsy blog

      http://blog.etsy.com/

      Esty, the online marketplace for handcrafted items, is hosting an online discussion about
      customizing fabric for projects. The details are on the first post of the blog (as of today, May
      4th). I believe the discussion is May 10th at 2:00 pm.

      I only marble paper, I have not branched out into fabrics yet. But I would LOVE to see some
      seasoned fabric marblers participate in this discussion to raise awareness about our craft.
      And it you have an Etsy shop, it's a great way to get noticed and promote your shop. And if
      you don't have an Etsy shop, maybe you will want to join.

      Thanks, everyone! I hope to join the discussion also, depending on my schedule.

      Warm Regards,
      Julie Ann

    • sixshort
      Message 2 of 4 , May 7 4:25 PM
        -Congrats on your website, Gretchen. You have been working very hard
        and have produced some beautiful fabric marbling. You mentioned on
        the site that your marbled patterns don't simply sit on top of the
        fabric, but become part of it. Is this a function of the paints you
        are using, or the fineness of the material? Well done. Regards, Joan

        -- In Marbling@yahoogroups.com, gretchen vansant <fine_artist2002@...>
        wrote:

        > Thanks Julie Ann ! vansantdesigns.etsy.com
        >
        > "julieann.stella" <julie.ann.stella@...> wrote: I just saw
        this on the etsy blog

        > http://blog.etsy.com/
        >
        > Esty, the online marketplace for handcrafted items, is hosting an
        online discussion about
        > customizing fabric for projects. The details are on the first post
        of the blog (as of today, May
        > 4th). I believe the discussion is May 10th at 2:00 pm.
        >
        > I only marble paper, I have not branched out into fabrics yet. But I
        would LOVE to see some
        > seasoned fabric marblers participate in this discussion to raise
        awareness about our craft.
        > And it you have an Etsy shop, it's a great way to get noticed and
        promote your shop. And if
        > you don't have an Etsy shop, maybe you will want to join.
        >
        > Thanks, everyone! I hope to join the discussion also, depending on
        my schedule.

        > Warm Regards,
        > Julie Ann

      • gretchen vansant