Re: brass edged boards

  • Dave Allen
    Message 1 of 17 , Apr 23, 2007
      Dani,
      The brass edged boards are for pressing books. That puts the groove at
      the spine and helps adhere the hinge. Normally one doesn't press them
      together without enough between them to keep the brass edges from
      touching. They will make a cracking noise, however, if they are
      varnished plywood and haven't been pressed for a while.
      Dave Allen

      spurioussignals wrote:
      > When I tightened the press down it made a cracking noise so it seemed
      > like a good time to stop;-) I think I need different boards for this
      > purpose the ones that came with the press have brass edges and I am
      > afraid of damaging them.

      840 Snowdrop Ave. Victoria BC V8Z 2N4
      (250)888-9380 http://www.Bookbinder.ca