marbling for Hand Papermaking

  • andreapaperpe
    Message 1 of 4 , Mar 5 11:51 AM
      Hello all,

      Since I am not a professional marbler I do not frequent this site. Call me old fashioned but
      I didn't think my asking for a marbling donation was not going to be taken honestly. I
      know we live in a world that can be deceitful, it didn't cross my mind that someone would
      scam for marbled papers. I want to thank the few that have sent marbles - some of you I
      have personally talked to. I have just received one from Turkey this morning before I left
      for school - very exciting. The online auction for Hand Papermaking will be in late April
      but I need to assemble portfolio. If you would like to contact me check out my website at
      hookpotterypaper.com and I can try to help you with your questions. I can still except
      marbles through the March 12th. Thank you all who have donated. Hopefully someday I
      can return the favor.
    • ebruli hayat
      Message 2 of 4 , Mar 6 8:21 PM
        Hello from Istanbul,

        I would like to send you some marbling papers. If you
        want please give me your address and tell which
        dimensions you prefer?

        Sincerely,
        Aysen

        --- andreapaperpe <hookpotterypaper@...>
        wrote:

        > Hello all,
        >
        > Since I am not a professional marbler I do not
        > frequent this site. Call me old fashioned but
        > I didn't think my asking for a marbling donation was
        > not going to be taken honestly. I
        > know we live in a world that can be deceitful, it
        > didn't cross my mind that someone would
        > scam for marbled papers. I want to thank the few
        > that have sent marbles - some of you I
        > have personally talked to. I have just received one
        > from Turkey this morning before I left
        > for school - very exciting. The online auction for
        > Hand Papermaking will be in late April
        > but I need to assemble portfolio. If you would like
        > to contact me check out my website at
        > hookpotterypaper.com and I can try to help you with
        > your questions. I can still except
        > marbles through the March 12th. Thank you all who
        > have donated. Hopefully someday I
        > can return the favor.

        Finding fabulous fares is fun.
        Message 3 of 4 , Mar 7 5:25 AM
          Can you send your address again, I will send something. I am sorry, but I have been scammed for both expensive books and papers, one person who seemed totally legit scammed me for a huge amount of paper, I was stupid in believing they said they were associated with a company I did a lot of work for, it was over 200 papers. You'd think a devious person would steal something more valuable! Really, marbled paper is so easily purchased for so little. One of the few bargains out there!

          --- andreapaperpe <hookpotterypaper@...<mailto:hookpotterypaper@...>>
          wrote:

          > Hello all,
          >
          > Since I am not a professional marbler I do not
          > frequent this site. Call me old fashioned but
          > I didn't think my asking for a marbling donation was
          > not going to be taken honestly. I
          > know we live in a world that can be deceitful, it
          > didn't cross my mind that someone would
          > scam for marbled papers. I want to thank the few
          > that have sent marbles - some of you I
          > have personally talked to. I have just received one
          > from Turkey this morning before I left
          > for school - very exciting. The online auction for
          > Hand Papermaking will be in late April
          > but I need to assemble portfolio. If you would like
          > to contact me check out my website at
          > hookpotterypaper.com and I can try to help you with
          > your questions. I can still except
          > marbles through the March 12th. Thank you all who
          > have donated. Hopefully someday I
          > can return the favor.

        • Ginny Moreland
          Message 4 of 4 , Mar 7 8:46 AM
            Here is the information that Andrea sent last month, with her mailing
            address:

            Dear Artists,
            I am on the board of Hand Papermaking Magazine. Every year we do an online
            auction to
            help with operational costs and show off amazing works. It is about 20
            pieces that are
            really something. I would like to create a portfolio of marbled papers.
            I would have you send a full sheet. I will be assembling a fancy portfolio
            in a box - that
            will be a portion of that sheet and the rest of the sheet will be part of
            this auction item as
            well as a working portfolio � so who ever buys this auction piece will have
            a collection
            including your name and website,etc. to keep and a selection of sheets to
            actually utilize.
            Now that's exciting! If you could be so kind as to include what ever
            information you feel
            necessary to describe your work.
            A brief written description by the artist should include limit to one
            paragraph(can come
            with the sheet or as an email):

            Name
            Name of pattern or title of the piece
            Date the piece was made
            Colors and specific media use (i.e. watercolor, gouache, acrylic, sumi ink)
            The description of paper used as a support
            Brief biography or statment statement (limit 1 paragraph)

            Please send all contributions to
            Andrea A. Peterson
            756 West 900 North
            Laporte, IN 46350
            Please send sheet and info by March 10th.

            Please contact me at apeterson@... <apeterson%40col.edu> to let me
            knowif you would like to participate.

            [CORRECTED EMAIL: apeterson@...]

            thanks so much,