Re: [Marbling] marbling invitational

  • Dave Allen
    Message 1 of 3 , Feb 12, 2007
      Hi Everyone,
      I don't want to cause this person any trouble if she is legit but if you
      check out the web site of the Hand Papermaking Magazine she does not
      appear as a director, staff or advisor. The domain col.edu has never
      been registered according to the definitive .edu registrar
      http://whois.educause.net/. I have written an e-mail to her at that
      address to confirm who she is and will let the list know.
      I fear this may simply be a scam.
      Thanks
      Dave Allen
      andreapaperpe wrote:
      > Dear Artists,
      > I am on the board of Hand Papermaking Magazine. Every year we do an online auction to
      > help with operational costs and show off amazing works. It is about 20 pieces that are
      > really something. I would like to create a portfolio of marbled papers.
      > I would have you send a full sheet. I will be assembling a fancy portfolio in a box - that
      > will be a portion of that sheet and the rest of the sheet will be part of this auction item as
      > well as a working portfolio – so who ever buys this auction piece will have a collection
      > including your name and website,etc. to keep and a selection of sheets to actually utilize.
      > Now that's exciting! If you could be so kind as to include what ever information you feel
      > necessary to describe your work.
      > A brief written description by the artist should include limit to one paragraph(can come
      > with the sheet or as an email):
      >
      > Name
      > Name of pattern or title of the piece
      > Date the piece was made
      > Colors and specific media use (i.e. watercolor, gouache, acrylic, sumi ink)
      > The description of paper used as a support
      > Brief biography or statment statement (limit 1 paragraph)
      >
      > Please send all contributions to
      > Andrea A. Peterson
      > 756 West 900 North
      > Laporte, IN 46350
      > Please send sheet and info by March 10th.
      >
      > Please contact me at apeterson@... to let me knowif you would like to participate.
      >
      > thanks so much,
      >
      > Andrea Peterson

      840 Snowdrop Ave. Victoria BC V8Z 2N4
      (250)888-9380 http://www.Bookbinder.ca

      http://mail.yahoo.com
    • pinar yildirim
      Message 2 of 3 , Feb 14, 2007
        Dear Andrea,

        On your request, I send today to your adress in Laporte, 2 marbled sheets on hand made paper, as a small contribution to your auction

        Good luck and best regards.

        Nuri Pinar

        andreapaperpe <hookpotterypaper@...> a écrit :
[...]

        Date the piece was made