re marbeling inviational

  • Dave Allen
    Message 1 of 3 , Feb 12, 2007
      Hi Everyone,
      I don't want to cause this person any trouble if she is legit but if
      you check out the web site of the Hand Papermaking Magazine she does
      not appear as a director, staff or advisor. The domain col.edu has
      never been registered according to the definitive .edu registrar
      http://whois.educause.net/. I have written an e-mail to her at that
      address to confirm who she is and will let the list know.
      I fear this may simply be a scam.
      Thanks
      Dave Allen
      PS you might get this twice because I am sending from the web site
      since my e-mail program says it doesn't like the yahoo address I used.
      Message 2 of 3 , Feb 12, 2007
        Thanks Dave... we appreciate your checking. I deleted it, didn't intend to participate, it seemed a little odd.
        http://whois.educause.net/<http://whois.educause.net/>. I have written an e-mail to her at that
        address to confirm who she is and will let the list know.
        I fear this may simply be a scam.
        Thanks
        Dave Allen
        PS you might get this twice because I am sending from the web site
        since my e-mail program says it doesn't like the yahoo address I used.

      • Ginny Moreland
        Message 3 of 3 , Feb 12, 2007
          Caution is a good thing. However, there is a Columbia College in Chicago [
          http://www.colum.edu/About_Columbia/index.php%5d which shows an Andrea
          Peterson on their faculty and associated with Book and Paper Center. The
          email listed there is Email: apeterson@...
          So, it may be a simple typo in the email that displayed in the original
          message.

          Still good to verify before you send off any paper, of course.

          The lurking librarian,
          Ginny Moreland