marbling invitational

  • andreapaperpe
    Message 1 of 3 , Feb 12, 2007
      Dear Artists,
      I am on the board of Hand Papermaking Magazine. Every year we do an online auction to
      help with operational costs and show off amazing works. It is about 20 pieces that are
      really something. I would like to create a portfolio of marbled papers.
      I would have you send a full sheet. I will be assembling a fancy portfolio in a box - that
      will be a portion of that sheet and the rest of the sheet will be part of this auction item as
      well as a working portfolio – so who ever buys this auction piece will have a collection
      including your name and website,etc. to keep and a selection of sheets to actually utilize.
      Now that's exciting! If you could be so kind as to include what ever information you feel
      necessary to describe your work.
      A brief written description by the artist should include limit to one paragraph(can come
      with the sheet or as an email):

      Name
      Name of pattern or title of the piece
      Date the piece was made
      Colors and specific media use (i.e. watercolor, gouache, acrylic, sumi ink)
      The description of paper used as a support
      Brief biography or statment statement (limit 1 paragraph)

      Please send all contributions to
      Andrea A. Peterson
      756 West 900 North
      Laporte, IN 46350
      Please send sheet and info by March 10th.

      Please contact me at apeterson@... to let me knowif you would like to participate.

      thanks so much,

      Andrea Peterson
    • Dave Allen
      Message 2 of 3 , Feb 12, 2007
        Hi Everyone,
        I don't want to cause this person any trouble if she is legit but if you
        check out the web site of the Hand Papermaking Magazine she does not
        appear as a director, staff or advisor. The domain col.edu has never
        been registered according to the definitive .edu registrar
        http://whois.educause.net/. I have written an e-mail to her at that
        address to confirm who she is and will let the list know.
        I fear this may simply be a scam.
        Thanks
        Dave Allen
        andreapaperpe wrote:
        > Dear Artists,
        > I am on the board of Hand Papermaking Magazine. Every year we do an online auction to
        > help with operational costs and show off amazing works. It is about 20 pieces that are
        > really something. I would like to create a portfolio of marbled papers.
        > I would have you send a full sheet. I will be assembling a fancy portfolio in a box - that
        > will be a portion of that sheet and the rest of the sheet will be part of this auction item as
        > well as a working portfolio – so who ever buys this auction piece will have a collection
        > including your name and website,etc. to keep and a selection of sheets to actually utilize.
        > Now that's exciting! If you could be so kind as to include what ever information you feel
        > necessary to describe your work.
        > A brief written description by the artist should include limit to one paragraph(can come
        > with the sheet or as an email):
        >
        > Name
        > Name of pattern or title of the piece
        > Date the piece was made
        > Colors and specific media use (i.e. watercolor, gouache, acrylic, sumi ink)
        > The description of paper used as a support
        > Brief biography or statment statement (limit 1 paragraph)
        >
        > Please send all contributions to
        > Andrea A. Peterson
        > 756 West 900 North
        > Laporte, IN 46350
        > Please send sheet and info by March 10th.
        >
        > Please contact me at apeterson@... to let me knowif you would like to participate.
        >
        > thanks so much,
        >
        > Andrea Peterson

        840 Snowdrop Ave. Victoria BC V8Z 2N4
        (250)888-9380 http://www.Bookbinder.ca

        http://mail.yahoo.com
      • pinar yildirim
        Message 3 of 3 , Feb 14, 2007
          Dear Andrea,

          On your request, I send today to your adress in Laporte, 2 marbled sheets on hand made paper, as a small contribution to your auction

          Good luck and best regards.

          Nuri Pinar

          andreapaperpe <hookpotterypaper@...> a écrit :
[...]

          Date the piece was made