Re: [Marbling] blenders vs. mixers

  • John Ang
    Message 1 of 2 , Jan 7, 2007
      Recently, I tried the handheld mixer because my
      blender gave off smoke when I was making a batch of
      carageenan size. I used the mixer with a whisk
      attachment.

      I do not see any difference in the size. The whisk can
      only go as deep as its length, so for making a large
      batch, one may have to make several runs.

      --- Lavinia Adler <laviniaa@...> wrote:

      > Recently there was a bit of discussion about using
      > an immersion (or hand)
      > blender for preparing a methylcel bath. What is the
      > benefit of using such
      > a blender instead of a hand mixer (such as one might
      > use for cake
      > batter)? I've not used either, but before I go out
      > to buy a hand blender
      > I wanted to be sure I didn't already have just as
      > good a tool in my
      > kitchen.
      >
      > Lavinia

      > removed]