Marbling on glass

  • hamburgerbuntpapier_de
    Message 1 of 3 , Dec 27, 2006
      In the studio of 'Dansk glaskunst' (Danish Art Glass) in southern Denmark I have seen Uli
      and John make paper weights in a process very near to marbling. They had the red hot
      lump of glass hanging on the pipe in the kiln, gave it the desired form and lifted it out to a
      tray with little pieces of coloured glass on the ready. The lump was rolled gently over the
      little pieces and lifted back to the kiln with the pieces sticking to it. In the kiln, the pieces
      melted into the lump which was then turned around and around and taken out again,
      manipulated with some tool which made the coloured spots turn into streaks and swirl
      around each other, and set into the the cooling oven.
      I describe this very badly, being no glass maker; and anyway this was years ago.
      Unfortunately there is nothing like it on their website www.dansk-glaskunst.dk, but I'm
      sure they'd give you the information you might need.

      Susanne Krause